Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a test drive in an auto VT today. I thought that it drove nicely and would be comfortable on longer drives. It looks awesome and the interior is very nice as well. However, the steering felt a bit slow or numb when turning it quickly left to right at about 45 mph. When I got on the highway the acceleration was good but not mind blowing by any means. I would say that my old 2002 GTI had better "get up and go" even though it only had 180 hp (I forget how much torque). After the test drive I drove my 2010 Mazda 3 home and felt that it was just more fun to drive. The steering and suspension feel tighter than the Hyundai and the 2.5 litre engine in the Mazda felt just as punchy as the Hyundai to me. I have an opportunity to try out a manual VT so I may do that. Anyhow, just my own impressions.

Cheers!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took a m/t VT Ultimate for a test drive and my wife and I decided to order one. I enjoyed the m/t version much better. It is still no GTI, but on the other hand it uses regular grade gas, is supposed to get better gas mileage, and is much cooler looking than the GTI.

Cheers!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi rcprod. I got my Elite White last Friday and I love it. It is auto 'cause here in Miami manual is hell lol, at least to me. I am too lazy for that. I get people all over the city just staring at the car, or coming over to see it in my neighborhood. It is beautiful, and it rides great. The only thing that is worrying me is the MPGs being reported by the computer. The number is very low for what the car should be doing. I don't drive fast at all or punch the pedal to the metal. My trip to work is only 2.1 miles, and the rest is usually to the supermarket, and the longest drive would be about 28 miles. It show now 17.8 mpg, but before my last fill up, it showed 25.7. I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. Just wondered if you noticed anything with the MPG when you test drove the M/T.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi vtlover67,

I would have an auto if I lived in a city. My commute to work is about 2 1/2 hrs a day round trip (mostly highway). I did not check for the mpg during our test drive. We have not received our black manual VT yet. I will post the MPG once I get the car. I hope I am not disappointed with the mpg.

Cheers.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi vtlover67,

I would have an auto if I lived in a city. My commute to work is about 2 1/2 hrs a day round trip (mostly highway). I did not check for the mpg during our test drive. We have not received our black manual VT yet. I will post the MPG once I get the car. I hope I am not disappointed with the mpg.

Cheers.
Wow, long commute. Great hope you get your VT soon. I know how frustrating the wait can be. I also wanted black but could not find one before I had to turn in my previous car. I only had a week to find the VT. So I opted for the white which is beautiful too. Thanks for the quick response. I keep in touch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts