Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Australian friends. My name is Caleb and I'm from the great, loud land of America and I'm wondering about how ya'lls ventilated seats work. I'm curious because I want them so bad in my boring ass American VT in this Texas heat, and if the seat material is the same I was thinking I could create my own simple system.

So can anyone provide any insight or photos as to how the seat ventilation system works and if the leather is the same perforated kind on the non-ventilated, American seats?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Do the Australian VTs have the ass fans?? My wife has those in her elantra GT and it is such an amazing feature here in the AZ heat

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the Aussie cars have booty coolers standard on one the trims from the factory. I was hoping an owner could chip in some information on how they work because like you TB, it's summer and I gots some traveling to do and the less swamp crack involved the better.

But yeah, Rspec, I figured I'd have to cut out some foam but the question is will the airflow be impeded by the pleather? Also, what device, part, or mechanism can I buy (OEM or otherwise), the have the air also blow onto the seat back?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Here is all I know and it isn't much... my wifes Elantra GT has this feature and it comes with the perforated leather seats like ours. The back of her seats have a large amount of hard plastic with vents (inlet vents) which the fans bring air through. They are peep silent and work fairly well buy I don't see a way of retrofitting our car with this setup without (at the very least) buying something like the Elantra GT seat and pulling it apart for the parts needed.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm. Thanks for the insight. I've done some googlin' and found tons of aftermarket seat cooling pads where they hand a fan in the front of the seat between the driver's hot thighs, drawing air from the footwell and blowing it through an attached sheath of fabric. From there, it enters the butt and back pads which are made of perforated material that's rigid enough to allow air throughout the pads but include cushioned areas to keep drivers comfy.

So I'm thinking I can grab a compooter fan or two and wire it to AC controls. Then, I'll mount it under the seat so it will draw air from the below and blow the air directly into the chair. From there, it's a matter of stabbing the seat cushion and cutting channels so the air can spread throughout the bottom and cool my booty. I'll probably toss in some silica packs in there too.

That should work... I'm not sure how brave I am though to potentially ruin what already is a wildly uncomfortable and overall ugly driver's chair. :S

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm not sure how brave I am though to potentially ruin what already is a wildly uncomfortable and overall ugly driver's chair. :S
I find this seat to be quite a bit more comfortable than most of my previous vehicles. I've now done long road trips in both my VT and the wife's Elantra GT and I will never do another road trip in her car because the seats are flat out awful. after a couple hours, it feels like sitting on stadium bleachers. These VT seats wrap the body a little better and have a bit more support which I like. As for ugly... well, thats another story. But then again I heard the '16 and newer seats are different than the original model seats so that might be a thing...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man I used to ride in busted ass 3000GT seats 2 hours daily to and from work. The VT seats are infinitely more comfy because it's padding doesn't expose any metal frame, but they always leave me sore after my commute.

BUT YEAH MAN I wish I could buy some 2016 orange VT seats but no one in their right mind would-- Oh my god, dude while I was looking for an Ebay listing for 2016 VT seats, I've found the below seat covers instead. I think I can create ventilated seats without needing to permanently alter anything. Thanks, TyBardy, I would've have found those covers without your wrong opinion on seat comfort! :D :D :D

Car Full Surround Seat Cover Cushion Bamboo Charcoal Breathable Cushion Pad NEW | eBay

·
Registered
872 Posts
always here to help :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
That's interesting. Not something I'd try.

I do want the orange seats and door pulls and such. If only I could find a sucker... I mean very kind individual to trade with. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
I only want them cause they are orange.

Turbo Got Dam it
13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
Modded airbox
BPV to BOV
More to come.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the orange ones are neat. Even without it though, the newer seat design stylistically fits the car better than the older, Elantra-esque seats.

Also those bolsters look beefy.

Also, for future VT archeologists discovering this thread, please know I didn't follow through with any of the ideas proposed above. I've decided that the work and cost involved with a such a project far outweighs how much I care for the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts