Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Very Impressed: Top Speed and MPG!

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  velociraptor 
#1 ·
I bought my Elite White 6M/T only 9 days ago and I already have over 700 miles on it. I love everything about it so far and it keeps impressing me. I've been averaging about 27 mpg with mostly terrible stop-and-go Sarasota, Florida city traffic with a few trips on the highway at 75 mph during the past week.

Last night I headed out to the 12 Hours of Sebring in the middle of the state with no traffic, no street lights, and two lane roads with mega flat straights. I figured it was time to open it up a bit and that's exactly what it did. I hit 140 mph on the needle and couldn't believe it! I'm sure there's a mph or two difference but I was jumping for joy. Fast forward to this evening on the way back from the track I reset my trips and used cruise control at 60 mph the whole way and got back yielding 38 mpg!

So not only are these things pretty fuel efficient but they're blazing fast. I didn't think 140 was possible with the aerodynamics (or lack thereof) of the front end. For those wondering 140 mph was top gear 5200 rpm.

Here's a few images I've taken since I picked her up. Haven't had too much time for a full shoot yet.

At the dealer: Hyundai of Bradenton is phenomenal and was on the phone for over an hour searching all of Florida for a white manual VT. I was willing to wait but they landed one and brought it to me from about 2 hours way :)

Turbo badge and my beautiful baby girl Lily enjoying Daddy's new ride:

And the fun long exposure night shots:

Also, Vote For Me!!! I entered in the March 2013 VT of the Month contest :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!

#6 ·
Thanks! That's typically how I shoot. I absolutely hate HDR but I did use it very little on the rear shot to bring out some of the white and red on the wall.

#7 ·
Here's a shot from this evening:

#10 ·
All you need to do now is blacken out that recovery hook sticking down at the back :wink:

#9 ·
Well I'm just leasing it so the mods I have planned are very basic. Probably springs, SRI, and maybe mount some closeout priced wheels on the stock tires. That will give me a bit mor fun over three years and keep prices down. My buyout price is $13,xxx so depending on where the market is based on miles I may keep it and go bigger. I love the fuel economy of it so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.