Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a Vibrant 12" resonator installed yesterday I must say it sounds pretty good. I will try to get a sound clip. on cold start up it is fairly loud and deep but mellows out after the engine warms up a bit. On hard acceleration it sounds amazing. Seem to be able to hear the turbo spooling more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is with factory piping.. I am uploading the sound clips now.. its one of the better sounding I have heard. cold start is a bit loud but has just enough when driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
here is a kinda crappy video I will try to get more.. This was just the muffer replaced with a resonator that is 12" made by vibrant. Stock bov and a diy sri. Currently have a few other mods now so sounds a little different. have injen sri, turbo xs bov, and tork hot pipe resonator delete.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Auto part

Just installed mine few days ago cause wife was complaining about the solo catback...Felt like the 8,000 lb gorilla in the room throughout the whole commute. That little resonator works wonders!!! Drone eliminated, the sound of the solo is there when you wot, and wife is happy. I'm also waiting for a pair of DC Sport resonated tips to replace the fake oem tips. I'll post pics when installed.

·
Registered
445 Posts
View attachment 51285
Just installed mine few days ago cause wife was complaining about the solo catback...Felt like the 8,000 lb gorilla in the room throughout the whole commute. That little resonator works wonders!!! Drone eliminated, the sound of the solo is there when you wot, and wife is happy. I'm also waiting for a pair of DC Sport resonated tips to replace the fake oem tips. I'll post pics when installed.
Will the vibrant resonator work with a CNT catback? The drone is crazy on the highways :(

Also, what vendor did you order through?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Kind of tricky... Do you want to add it to the piping or switch the current resonator the cnt has? I think by switching the resonator defeats the purpose of having a catback. I think adding it would be be better... My opinion of course. The challenge would be where it can be added to the piping with enough clearance.
I bought mine at amazon for obo $70.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That resonator is the Quiet flow series I believe it is 14" and that one is packed.. the one I used was a 12" straight though basically a sound chamber. I almost got the one you used though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the Ultra Quiet sereis. Straight flow with absorbing materials, I believe it has fiberglass inside to lower the drone sound.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bumping this thread... did anyone have a new video of what the exhaust sounds like? I purchased the 2.5" Ultra Quiet series to replace the factory resonator and delete the muffler.

Just curious if anyone had any more videos of the sound vs the ever favorited muffler delete.

·
Registered
897 Posts
After 100 miles with the Solo, it seems to have quieted down (or I got used to it). With the MR resonator, I experience very little drone. I am extremely happy with it. I would guess straight pipe is much louder, but the MR resonator is almost a straight pipe.. Good to know there are some other options out there. Does anyone with Solo know if 2.875 inch inlet tips will fit? most 3" tips list the 2.875 size..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts