Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been following the forum since I got my 2014 Turbo MT a year ago and want to thank all for the valuable information that's out here.
For the recent month, I'm having a vibration issue (on the floor of the car). My first attempt was rotation&balance but that didn't fix it, then I had a shop replace control arms and bushings which fixed most of the instability but no help for the vibration. Recently I realized that vibration eases when on a full tank or I have a passenger in the car. Even tho it could be a coincidence, should I replace rear shocks next? Rear area also makes a squeaking sound when rolling away from driveway. I do not have a torsion bar, just a front strut-brace with stock shocks and springs. Just to add another information, steering wheel vibrates on medium-hard break and my guess is front pads which I will replace with rear shocks.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Hi all, I've been following the forum since I got my 2014 Turbo MT a year ago and want to thank all for the valuable information that's out here.
For the recent month, I'm having a vibration issue (on the floor of the car). My first attempt was rotation&balance but that didn't fix it, then I had a shop replace control arms and bushings which fixed most of the instability but no help for the vibration. Recently I realized that vibration eases when on a full tank or I have a passenger in the car. Even tho it could be a coincidence, should I replace rear shocks next? Rear area also makes a squeaking sound when rolling away from driveway. I do not have a torsion bar, just a front strut-brace with stock shocks and springs. Just to add another information, steering wheel vibrates on medium-hard break and my guess is front pads which I will replace with rear shocks.
Warped rotors will cause the issue you described when braking.
If they're the originals I'd replace them for sure.

Rear of the car may have a stiction issue with the beam axle bushings. If you're in the rust belt that area may be rusty enough to cause this.

If you're still running the factory struts and rear shocks do a bounce test all the way around the car.
Bounce each corner up and down and then release to see how many times it bounces before it comes to a dead stop.
Good struts and shocks will suppress the bounce after the first bounce and settle immediately.
2-4 bounces and the struts and shocks are shot.
This may also be causing your vibration issue but can't say for certain.

Try the above and see how it all goes. Good luck. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warped rotors will cause the issue you described when braking.
If they're the originals I'd replace them for sure.

Rear of the car may have a stiction issue with the beam axle bushings. If you're in the rust belt that area may be rusty enough to cause this.

If you're still running the factory struts and rear shocks do a bounce test all the way around the car.
Bounce each corner up and down and then release to see how many times it bounces before it comes to a dead stop.
Good struts and shocks will suppress the bounce after the first bounce and settle immediately.
2-4 bounces and the struts and shocks are shot.
This may also be causing your vibration issue but can't say for certain.

Try the above and see how it all goes. Good luck. 馃憤
Thank you for replying, I will check for rust and do a bounce test once again with more attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts