Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Veloster Turbo
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with the first gear. if the vehicle has a full load or steep road vehicle heavily Vibration/shuddering on the first gear, once shift to the second gear everything goes smooth (Auto Transmission).

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,784 Posts
Can be many things but sounds like a common DCT transmission issue in the 16-17 MY VT.

What was the reason for the engine and gearbox mount? What was installed different than oem? Was everything installed to spec?

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
Based on the profile pic it is the DCT 16-17 MY.

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
The grill and the wheels are 16-17 MY and auto was mentioned so it must be a DCT car. Plus only the DCT does this not the 13-15 auto. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
Thanks, I saw the outer grill, but thought it was plastidipped or painted. I looked at the hood for vents but just couldn't verify, just like the wheels. I just cant make a positive ID on them. Your eye is way better than mine.

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
There is the off chance this stuff was swapped from a 16-17 MY VT but highly unlikely due to the description of the issue and knowing the common issues with the car. Pics aside the issue itself screams 16-17 MY DCT.

I could have answered the next set of questions the OP has in my initial reply before they ask them but I'll be courteous and let them ask first. Threads with only a few posts are no fun. :)

·
Registered
Veloster Turbo
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can be many things but sounds like a common DCT transmission issue in the 16-17 MY VT.

What was the reason for the engine and gearbox mount? What was installed different than oem? Was everything installed to spec?

Yes everything replaced with original parts

·
Registered
Veloster Turbo
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The issue only in first gear, once changed to second no vibrations. check with few mechanics they didn't find the exact issue. shared the video link here

·
Registered
2016 VT
43 Posts
Happens to me as well, same model year and DCT. Just the nature of the car :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts