Veloster Turbo Forum banner

381 - 400 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Just change all the values of where you know you floored it until you lifted to 100% and the program can read it easier.
Damn, now why didn't I think of that lol! Does it alter the numbers at all Rock?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
TBVT.. I would use SAE correction simply for the fact that it standardizes it at 77*, which for where I live and you apparently, is quite off. We will get better numbers with SAE, as it's like in the 90*'s for a lot of my runs which would mean I would run faster than a result of 77*. Your torque however does seem a lil low.
Uncorrected doesn't standardize to anything, its your real WHP at the time of the run. Nothing is more accurate than uncorrected.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Uncorrected doesn't standardize to anything, its your real WHP at the time of the run. Nothing is more accurate than uncorrected.
Sorry, but I beg to differ. When you activate SAE without altering the settings at all from what it's defaulted to, the graph/hp/trq doesn't move, after changing the temp to the appropriate temp, it will fluctuate. This would mean without SAE on that it's still running the defaulted setting of 77*, no? I bump it up to 94* and I gain about 5-7 hp, which is more accurate and closer to what I should be seeing.. least I would think that's how it's working.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
Sorry, but I beg to differ. When you activate SAE without altering the settings at all from what it's defaulted to, the graph/hp/trq doesn't move, after changing the temp to the appropriate temp, it will fluctuate. This would mean without SAE on that it's still running the defaulted setting of 77*, no? I bump it up to 94* and I gain about 5-7 hp, which is more accurate and closer to what I should be seeing.. least I would think that's how it's working.
Well I don't know how the program does it, but uncorrected means exactly that. It's the power put to the wheels uncorrected to any other conditions.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well I don't know how the program does it, but uncorrected means exactly that. It's the power put to the wheels uncorrected to any other conditions.
Just figured uncorrected would have to account for some form of temperature to calculate the equation properly. I see what you're saying though. Sorry, was just trying to figure out how it's actually operating, bc 5-7 hp is a nice difference to see depending on the temp of the day's around here lol!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #387 (Edited)
Just figured uncorrected would have to account for some form of temperature to calculate the equation properly. I see what you're saying though. Sorry, was just trying to figure out how it's actually operating, bc 5-7 hp is a nice difference to see depending on the temp of the day's around here lol!
The reason you would use SAE is so you can compare runs from different days/conditions against each other. Otherwise there will be a wide variance.

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Sometimes you may want to know how much power you are really making on that specific day due to the temperature, humidity and pressure on that day; in that case, you should look at the uncorrected power readings.
That's the answer I was looking for! Thanks Snail! Sorry for the contradiction, just was unsure.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am the King of VT power!! Who needs the tuners, I did it all myself!!

My BSrun.jpg

Yes, this is a joke of course. I was just manipulating the numbers to make the most powerful VT ever built!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I am the King of VT power!! Who needs the tuners, I did it all myself!!

View attachment 34236

Yes, this is a joke of course. I was just manipulating the numbers to make the most powerful VT ever built!!
You tuned Hurricane? If not, do you hit 20 psi regularly? I can hardly ever hit 18psi, I'd say 90% of the time it's freakin 17 psi. Boost gauge gets finished routed this afternoon so I will have a more definitive read out!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nope no tune or boost hack. Everything I've done with the car is in my signature. I don't know if it has done it all along. I don't run the Torque app all the time so I couldn't really tell you. Bur, I will check it out and let you know.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hurricane... How did u get the bottom afr/boost graph to show the numbers along the sides? My bottom graph doesnt show numbers vertically. It just shows afr on left and boost on the right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
graph 0730.jpg

Why does the graph show peak hp & tq at 6200rpm? I thought our tq falls off after 4k rpm and hp peaks at 6k rpm? All of my graphs look similar to this (hp & tq lines somewhat parallel). Doesnt' seem right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My runs are in 3rd gear. The road i run on seems flat. Are there any particular settings your looking for Rock? Do you want Torque settings or Virtual dyno Settings? Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hurricane... How did u get the bottom afr/boost graph to show the numbers along the sides? My bottom graph doesnt show numbers vertically. It just shows afr on left and boost on the right.
I don't know. I have it setup the way Snail has it on the first page. Every time I do make a sheet it just shows up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
381 - 400 of 436 Posts