Veloster Turbo Forum banner

401 - 420 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hurricane. Your settings are pretty much the same as mine. Big difference us you're using "virtual dyno" for your dyno correction factor.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ill give that a try. TC is on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My latest run...Same road as before but a different section of it. The section i normally run on curves a bit toward the end (before i'm able to hit redline in 3rd gear)...I was able to start my run further back on this road giving me a straight path all the way to redline. Nice jump in peak tq compared to some of my other runs.

run 10.jpg

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
My latest run...Same road as before but a different section of it. The section i normally run on curves a bit toward the end (before i'm able to hit redline in 3rd gear)...I was able to start my run further back on this road giving me a straight path all the way to redline. Nice jump in peak tq compared to some of my other runs.

View attachment 34323
Still seems low to me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Btw guys. What is the optimal/default boost reading for our VT using the torque pro OBD software??? TIA

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Btw guys. What is the optimal/default boost reading for our VT using the torque pro OBD software??? TIA
You mean like what you should be seeing at full boost wide open throttle? If yes, then the answer is 18psi stock. I RARELY see 18psi with torque app though, most of my logs show 16-17. I do, however, have a boost gauge that will be getting done tonight (FINALLY) now that all this freakin freak rain is done with. 60's and rain in July in Texas is not a common situation lol! So I'll let you know how off the torque app may be (least for my car and phone and adapter) once I get it hooked up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You mean like what you should be seeing at full boost wide open throttle? If yes, then the answer is 18psi stock. I RARELY see 18psi with torque app though, most of my logs show 16-17. I do, however, have a boost gauge that will be getting done tonight (FINALLY) now that all this freakin freak rain is done with. 60's and rain in July in Texas is not a common situation lol! So I'll let you know how off the torque app may be (least for my car and phone and adapter) once I get it hooked up.
Thanks for the responding. I forget to mention my VT has some bolt-on mods installed and a week ago i also installed an aftermarket BOV(Greddy FV BOV) on my DIY coldpipe. The OBD software displays 56-57 something at idel and i'm confused if it reads correctly or if my set-up is wrong. Thanks again.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks for the responding. I forget to mention my VT has some bolt-on mods installed and a week ago i also installed an aftermarket BOV(Greddy FV BOV) on my DIY coldpipe. The OBD software displays 56-57 something at idel and i'm confused if it reads correctly or if my set-up is wrong. Thanks again.
Yea, something isn't right. It must be in the setting you have for the Torque app. There is noooooo way our turbos would put out 57 psi. If they hit that, the engine wouldn't just be blown, it would vaporize. Besides your car wouldn't make any more boost with the mods you have. The only way it would go higher is if you have the boost hack or a tune. But, there are times where I have seen almost 19.5 psi although it's rare.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yea, something isn't right. It must be in the setting you have for the Torque app. There is noooooo way our turbos would put out 57 psi. If they hit that, the engine wouldn't just be blown, it would vaporize. Besides your car wouldn't make any more boost with the mods you have. The only way it would go higher is if you have the boost hack or a tune. But, there are times where I have seen almost 19.5 psi although it's rare.
I will check my app if i miss something. I just followed the setup instruction from the thread that's posted here about dynotuning and logging. I will post the screenshot tonight for input from you guys.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thats normal

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good news for DashCommand (iOS) users... Version 4.4 (09.05.2014) now has the capability to email/export logs in CSV format, so they can now get in on some Virtual Dyno awesomeness. OBD Fusion is another iOS app that I've used in the past, but the logging was nonexistent at the time. It looks to have been updated recently and may also be able to export logs as CSV files.

My Virtual Dyno setup is dialed in now.
So if i sent you some logs, you'd hook a brotha up on some vd numbers?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Read all 42 pages over 2 days. I'm waiting for my elm327 to get here. I also have a boost gauge to install. Just waitn on my 6th elemnt vac block to get here.

@gerid. did you get your boost gauge hooked up yet. I'm curious to hear what the stock boost is.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just saw on Virtual Dynos' Facebook page, that it is going to be developed for Android. So now you don't have to port it over to a PC anymore.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I asked torque directly,...he says thats mapped normal pressures for my WOTS. GDI's,......CERMA John says the ford turbo diesels hpfp delivers 6,000 psi!!!!!!
Cerma john been living under a rock? Common rail turbo diesels have been running over 26,000 psi rail pressure over 10 years now.....

401 - 420 of 436 Posts