Veloster Turbo Forum banner

421 - 436 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
The virtual dyno was less than 3% off from some dyno pulls I did the other day. It's a great tool once you get it set up correctly. It's just a pita to log and convert.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Bump? Fixed my methanol injection before my new revision this week, meth line was kinked from lowering the car. All fixed and re-routed. Did some logging and setup vdyno, 2850 plus me 250, (fat dude yep), 255/35/18 tires, 4th gear pull last night. new graph1.jpg I will update later this week when I put my 5th revision on with more boost and timing. Gotta love being able to load tunes at my house.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Not bad. Was expecting more, but then again, boost was falling off as rpm climbed. Looks good regardless.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Ah-HA! I figured out why the torque is so high in the beginning!

This program is looking for Cobb Accessport time stamps, which counts time cumulatively. Torque counts time as in the current time on the device. So all I did was convert all the time stamps with the equivalent times the program expects and now it is reading much better!

Comparison to show you
View attachment 33478

Convert This
View attachment 33479

To This
View attachment 33480

I think what happens is that the program calculates torque based on the time it takes to reach an RPM. So it needs to see time in this way, otherwise it isn't able to properly do the math.
I don't understand the math you're using to convert the time stamps here. Can anyone help?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thanks X, I'll do this today after work! Excel is like a foreign language to me. I didn't even know the computer had it programmed. Haha.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Sorry to interrupt all the technical talk with such a basic question but I'm using torque pro and I cannot find a reading for the engine oil temperature. Is it called something else? I have the Hyundai plug-in.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
CVVT oil temperature.
Okay, that's what I'm using. Am I correct that that's the transmission fluid temperature, which is probably as close as I'm going to get?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
No, it's engine oil adjacent to the oil control valve (OCV).
Great thanks, what's the normal range I should be seeing? About 180-200?

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
I've got one of these guys. Should be v2.1 (latest I think)
That's probably the issue. Those units sometimes dip below the communication speed threshold for Torque and will give erroneous data. How many PIDs are you tracking simultaneously?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
That's probably the issue. Those units sometimes dip below the communication speed threshold for Torque and will give erroneous data. How many PIDs are you tracking simultaneously?
11. Intake Temp, Coolant Temp, Fuel Rail Pressure, Boost, AFR, KR on all 4 cylinders, KN Det, and CVVT temps.
Think getting another would work? I didn't really want to spend the $80 or whatever on the OBDLink :|

421 - 436 of 436 Posts