Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the guys here that already have their VT's know if the Aussie version has voice recognition or is that only on the US version. By this I mean ability to give voice commands and not just speech from the Nav.

I have seen a US owners manual which has a section on it but no mention of it on the spec's or website. My dealer didn't seem to know one way or the other.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like also standard on the entire UK Veloster range. On the steering wheel there is an extra "speak" button underneath the 2 bluetooth phone pickup/hangup buttons. The Aussie models do not have this extra button although there is a blank space there.

Reading the US manual you can push the button and say commands to make phone calls and control radio, mp3, nav, etc. Even dictate SMS on some supported phones.

Don't really understand why US and UK would get it and not Oz unless it has issues with the australian accent and they would rather just take it off than deal with complaints. Can't see it being a cost issue other than the cost of the extra button :wink:

For those interested on what we are missing out on refer Veloster Car AV System ENGLISH :furious:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You aren't missing anything. It kinda works with my Android phone and does not really work for anything else.

Trying to use it quickly becomes confusing and distracting. It rarely gets anything right and then it asks you for more options that often require you to look at the screen. It can be so frustrating and distracting that it is potentially dangerous.

Just use the buttons on the wheel.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Stone Axe as you say in the end its probably more hassle than its worth. I have Siri on my iPhone and never really use it because its typically quicker and less frustrating to perform manually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts