Wow, how did I miss this one?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yup, we're here.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Do any of you guys do the autocrosses at the baseball stadium? I just got a veloster and thinking of going to the january one before I hibernate my veloster for the progressive snapshot.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't do it. It's my daily driver and my only car for the moment so mods are few

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
You really don't need mods just better tires than stock helps. Any mods move you up a class and too many you're with track only cars. It is more about learning to drive your car. Last months course was only 40 seconds long so nothing crazy that you have to worry about heat or tearing up anything more than entering the highway in new orleans tbh.

·
Registered
235 Posts
True

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Any of y'all need some tires yet. I got 3000 miles on the kumho 22 40 18 and don't like them. I already got new tires to put on just debating changing now or waiting.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Guys, I can clear up some questions on autocross.

I'm Josh, by the way. I'm on the Board of Directors for the CENLA (Central Louisiana) region of the SCCA. The group that runs at Zephyr's is the Delta Region.
CENLA races monthly at the Hammond Airport. I run my Rspec every event, and yes it's my DD.
I would encourage everyone to get out and give it a shot. Come race with us! I'll even get you $10 off your entry for the next event if you find me :)

We have novice walk throughs and are a very participant focused event.

·
Registered
108 Posts
http://www.cenla-scca.org/

Our next event is January 17th, 2016 at the Hammond Airport.

http://www.dlbracing.com/Event/6100

More information:
Autocross Schedule:
-7:30 AM: Setup
-8:00 AM-9:15 AM: Registration and Tech
-9:15 Novice Walkthrough
-09:45 AM: Driver’s Meeting
-10:15 AM: First Car Out

960 Industrial Park Drive
Hammond, LA 70401

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll try to make it but no promises. Got a lot on my plate at the moment but it would be nice to try

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I got a spare set of rims off the guy on the forum today. If anyone wants the tires they have 12 miles and stock 2015 tires. Probably would do a trade off if you pay the mount and balance of new tires to the rims or something.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts