Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a 2013 VT. Before the Blu Link was fully active in the car, I would go to the Eco MPG graph and watch the MPG estimates as I drove. Mind you this is before the car was totally connected to the Hyundai Blu Link. My car didn't show the AVG MPG horizontal line, nor did it show the community MPG average numbers in the option box on the right of the screen.

I would drive normal and challenge myself to get great gas mileage. It was pretty easy for me to stay in the 45 MPG range on the highway, and easiy in the 30 MPG around town.

I had to call Hyundai to get the message on my screen fixed up. It said "Hyundai blu link registered but not active" This message showed each time I would turn on the vehicle. Hyundai quickly fixed that problem via their IT department, and the next day as soon as I turned on the car, when I went to the Eco MPG graph, it then showed the community MPG and the horizontal line.

Suddenly though, no matter what I do, it is about impossible for me to stay in the 40 MPG highway and 30 MPG city. I used to be able to hit 50 MPG on the graph pretty consistent and 40's was just a stroll in the park. It seems like with the flip of a switch, and blu link getting updated, something changed for sure.

How can I be getting mid 40 MPG on the highway the evening before, and only show in the 30's the next day. I didn't fill up, I didn't drive any different. Just seems interesting that the only thing that changed was this linkup with blu link. I am still getting a heck of a lot better MPG then my previous Jeep Wrangler so I am still happy as can be, just thought this was odd.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Perhaps the initial calibration was off and you were getting a high estimate
Or maybe you are now getting a low estimate.

Lots of variables go into your MPG like RPM/speed, driving angle, altitude, temperature, eco mode, weight, traction, tire inflation, Gas octane Rating, gas quality and about half a million other physics..
My car did just the opposite today.. hit the 600 mile mark and decided to get some 93 octane gas and went from a 32mpg average to 40mpg on the way home from work which is a bit more uphill than going to work.. I wouldnt think the gas alone would make that big of a difference, it will just take more time to tell. In your case, did the dealer top off your tank? Some places will do this as a courtesy but I wouldnt expect them to have high quality gas.

BTW.. Im in central Ohio.. *Fist BumP*
There is a Ohio VT Group on here if you wanna jump in!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts