Veloster Turbo Forum banner

VT from the UK

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Le Dono 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site - I've had my VT for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. Not many of them over here in the UK, especially modified ones so I'm turning a lot of heads at the moment. I bought it used from a dealer and the previous owner had done some modifications to it - I can't get a full list from him yet as I'm waiting for his details. So, from what I can see I've got Injen induction kit, Forge BOV, Uprated intercooler (haven't taken a look at make yet) and a Longlife cat back. It sounds awesome, although I'm already getting annoyed with the BOV noise. I'm guessing the owner had the car remapped but have no idea what figures it's putting out at the wheels. I'm getting it booked in for a dyno run soon. Plans for it at the moment are a respray to Ford Stealth Grey, coilovers, Sequence spoiler, front lip, tinted rear lights. Performance wise until I get a proper look at what I've got then I'm going to leave it for the time being.

BUT - I have a question.....The car pulls great from 4th gear onwards but in lower gears it feels really restricted - any ideas? It's really bugging me...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hyundai
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Hyundai

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome! What part of the uk? Some fun roads over there.

#8 ·
I spent a good three weeks in England with a college roommate and his wife (they live here in Colorado now) but i loved it. A good chunk of it was a drinking "holiday". We stayed in london for 9 days, on and off, visited her parents in Grimsby (super random) and from there went to York and Lincoln, all the little surrounding areas. We drove around in an old work van that was a friend of friend's. It was a weird vacation (was going through a rough break up), but can't wait to visit again!

#11 ·
Welcome to the forums, I'm up near Cambridge. We should roll together sometime, We'd turn heads for sure!

Reactions: DenverVeeTee
#12 ·
I do find it fun to troll the Boy Racers here... Getting rolled up on my a 15 year old Vauxhall Corsa with a coffee can exhaust is fantastic. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Funnily enough, I'm an american (with a US-Spec VT) living in the UK temporarily, courtesy of Uncle Sam. Yes, a Corsa is the equivalent to the civic here. Except the Civics themselves. They're even worse.

#15 ·
"WELCOME to VT Nation!" ImoVT

#16 ·
Have you figured out the hesitation yet? I have a 2016 with 1500 miles and having the same issue. it does almost feel like its not getting enough fuel..

BUT - I have a question.....The car pulls great from 4th gear onwards but in lower gears it feels really restricted - any ideas? It's really bugging me...

View attachment 53062 View attachment 53063

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.