Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there with lease pricing news? I inquired at a local dealer here in Miami, FL and they wanted $430 plus tax, 0 down, 48 months, for the VT AT w/ Tech, black w/ blue interior. Sure would like to hear about any lease pricing out there.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Why lease?
Why not just take out a loan and buy it?
I know more people who have been burned by a lease than I know people who are happy at the end of a lease.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My preference I guess. My last 3 cars have been leases, and no complaints about any of them. All have been BMW (X3, and 328i) but now I am looking for something economical and less fuel hungry :)....buying still comes out more expensive than leasing. Also, I am not into doing any mods to my cars. I love this VT just the way it is. Financing is still on the table, however.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Buying comes out much, much cheaper if the car is being held onto for a longer period of time, but I realize lots of people don't like to do that
Let's see, one of my cars is 55-years old, and then 22, and then 10 :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is true as long as no mechanical issues creep up after warranty runs out. But I like to change cars every 3 years so I prefer leasing. Let's see how soon dealers in the Miami area get the VT since I only have 3 weeks left of my current lease.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anyone out there with lease pricing news? I inquired at a local dealer here in Miami, FL and they wanted $430 plus tax, 0 down, 48 months, for the VT AT w/ Tech, black w/ blue interior. Sure would like to hear about any lease pricing out there.
Thats actually a pretty cheap payment.. If you were to buy one with no money down at 0% financing plus tax, your payments would be around $525 a month

Do they offer a 60month lease for a lower payment?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They did not offer a 60 month lease, but that would be crazy to take such a long lease. For such a long term, financing is better as 3H2H1 suggested. Now if I do a $5000 down payment, the monthly payments will come down around $150. I was looking for a monthly payment of around $350 plus tax, then put in the down payment and I will be a happy VT owner. I like to have the option to change my car around 3 years or so. I mean the way I see it, even if you own the car, sooner or later you will be changing it, and you will always have a car payment. Granted, Hyundai has a great warranty, so financing is a good option, as long as you can afford the monthly payments.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking to lease too. Well I am. When I looked at the regular velosters they wanted 1600 down and 285 a month. That was for fully loaded automatic. I got about 2500 I can put down on the VT and I can afford about 350 a month. I'm sure that'll do. I'm the same way though. Always need the new of the new and like I said in another thread once you buy a car and drive it off the lot the value depletes like crazy! Usually after 3 years is when things go wrong with a car so why go through that hassle when I can just give it back and get me a new car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I usually trade mine in every 2 to 3yrs.. I get bored, and always want the newest, coolest thing out there too.. My problem is that I have always driven a lot of miles to work so leasing was not an option, and rolling over a purchase every 2-3yrs I always have neg. equity.. This time Im trying to sell my 2011 eclipse outright but just to make enough to pay it off, so i wont have money to put down.. I really want to keep my payments the same $350, so my only option with the ultimate pkg. is to go 84mo. if they will even do it, i dont know, but my credit rating is perfect... And leasing more than 48mo would be stupid if I want something new again in 3yrs.. Some dealerships will let you out of your lease early if you lease another car from them... I know mitsubishi does..

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree 4gcarbon and yo lo. I also looked at the lease prices for the regular and you can come up with a pretty good idea for the VT lease prices. So $350 or so is the right price. The only way I would buy is if I had cash and didn't have to finance. But who has that kind of money now a day right LOL.

Yo Lo have you gone to get pricing on the VT yet?

4gcarbon, is not that I get bored with the car, although it can happen. But for me it is about having a reliable car. You know how it is, the day after the warranty runs out or you pay the car in full, the car breaks down and to fix it you have to shell out $3,000 LOL. It has happened to me before with a 1995 Camaro Z28.

Any info you can provide on leasing prices out there is greatly appreciated. I am expecting a call from one of the dealers here in Miami with the expected date of arrival of my future VT. I hope soon!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm newnon here and thinking about getting a veloster turbo, but at the sametime i don't really see it being such a good idea..
Gonna be co-signed & i'm looking to pay around $350 a month for this car, which i think is decent.. I make est.. $176x a month..

& i do plan on keeping this car for quite sometime, college student so i need something thats fun, good on gas, cheap on insurance, comfortable, fast enough to beat a civic si or gti & can get me from
A to B without any issues..

So i know it all falls under how good my co-signer credit is, how much do you think i would have to put down to get my desire monthly payment?? Also any idea if i could do 84 months instead of 72??

I'm from south florida by the way lol..;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you have followed reviews on this car, it will not beat a civic si or a gti.. This turbo is not designed to throw you back in your seat like most turbos, and that is why it gets better gas mileage than the competition..
Im looking for the same payment of $350 a month with no money down for 84mo also.. And because of my good credit, I should get a good enough rate to do it.. The only problem I worry about is that a lot of loan companies I looked at online say you have to finance 30K plus to get 84 months and the VT M/T Ultimate pkg. is only 25K..

·
Registered
9 Posts
VTLover. I haven't asked about how much it would be to lease but what I'm looking for in the turbo is gonna be a little over 26k

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm sure with a reflash it can be beat those cars, but i prolly wont get $350 monthly with 0 down..

I'm getting the base model, which i is good enough for me.. Hopefully i can get it if thats possible under 23k..

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
VTLover. I haven't asked about how much it would be to lease but what I'm looking for in the turbo is gonna be a little over 26k
Yo Lo I have only had one lease quote from a dealer and it was for $430 and 0 down for 48 months for VT A/T Tech. They told me it was a better deal than a 36 month lease. Now this was also factoring in the car I have now, which is a lease and I had one more payment on it. Now that the quote is just for $26,300 give or take a few hundreds, the monthly lease should be less, maybe by $15 dollars or so. My current car was $527 a month, so if you divide it by 48, you get $13 dollars, subtract it from the 430 and you get a good idea of the monthly payments just for the VT (no previous outstanding lease payments). I think the dealer was trying to do a number on me seeing that I was paying over 500 for my current car. I am awaiting a call later today from another dealer, so if they did get the VT in today, I will be going later tonight to see what they offer. What they don't know is that I actually have 6k to give for down payment, so the lower the deal, the better for me. If they give me something like 380 and 0 down, with 6k down the payments will be about $20 less per thousand of down, so that is 120 less monthly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ideally with 0 down, I am looking between 350 and 380 including tax in a 36 month lease. Now this is a stretch based on what I was already quoted, but since that quote involved another lease payment, the number may have been high. So...350 to 380 I will be happy, cause then I throw in 3 to 5k down to really lower my monthly payment. The payment decreases by 20 or so with every 1k of down payment you add.

·
Registered
9 Posts
VT. Got my turbo on its way! Black on black fully loaded auto. My dealer called me yesterday. Minute it comes in, which is any day it mine. So keep your fingers crossed that you'll get one shortly. I'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VT. Got my turbo on its way! Black on black fully loaded auto. My dealer called me yesterday. Minute it comes in, which is any day it mine. So keep your fingers crossed that you'll get one shortly. I'll post pictures soon.
Congrats! Just like I am looking to get. No word yet down here in Miami. I guess since we are at the bottom of the country, we will get them last, LOL!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What are you ideally looking to pay? With down payment and monthly?
Hi, just got my Elite White A/T with blue pipping. Got a great deal from my local dealer, and on a car that they didn't know was coming. I just happened to stop by and saw it on the lot.

So basically, the price came down to $380, zero down, but I put a hefty down payment to bring down the monthly to $229 including tax. To that I added wear and tear, gap, tires and rims, and smart key insurance for $29 including tax. Did you know the smart key cost almost $500 bucks?

Needless to say, I am a very happy man right now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts