Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just got a flat tire and the OEM Fix-A-Flat material isn't holding up too well. Not looking to spend money to purchase a brand-new tire but just looking for a good, used VT tire or same size!

Located in Springfield, MA

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
the fix a flat stuff they give you is temp untill you get that tire fixed or replaced. just take the tire somewhere they fix tires. maybe you can have it fixed and not worry about getting a new/used tire.

and if they can not ask about their used tires but tell them you want the exact same size/speed rating/load rating.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the suggestion. i'm not sure how true it is, but they (pepboys, firestone, and townfair) said that they cannot fix a tire with fix-a-flat material inside. the patch "won't hold as well".

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
thanks for the suggestion. i'm not sure how true it is, but they (pepboys, firestone, and townfair) said that they cannot fix a tire with fix-a-flat material inside. the patch "won't hold as well".
That is 100% true. We, costco, can not fix a tire with fix a flat. Not only does it make the patch not stick properly, but it is also flammable and one big step to fix a flat is to "comb" the belts in the tire with a special bit which can (and I see it sometimes when I do it) which can create sparks. This is why a lot of tire shops will not touch a tire with fix a flat in it. That tire, at costco, is deemed not road worthy. Which at that time, you will need to replace the tire....or plug it yourself using those rope plugs you can buy anywhere. Which those suck too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great - thanks for all the input. it looks like i'm just going to have to find a used tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts