Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo, Elite White, AT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2014 VT just rolled over 100k miles, meaning I no longer have a good excuse not to tinker with it 馃コ. I mean, it is my daily driver, but I could always use the old XJ for a while if I needed to. After looking around a bit, it seems like a basic tune will get me roughly 40hp without any serious physical mods. One thing I noticed on both the SFR and SXTH tunes is that the rev limiter is increased to 7200rpm, but only for manual transmissions. I am a total noob to this, so can someone explain why not increase the limiter on the AT as well?

Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
It can and has been done on the auto but doing so is not easy, cheap, or available just yet to the public. Also not safe to do so regardless of transmission without many proper mods.

Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo, Elite White, AT
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has been done is better than can't be done. So is it less of a problem with the transmission itself and more a difficulty in the tuning process? What makes it more difficult on an AT? Maybe it doesn't matter all that much for performance, but I do like the idea of an extra 700rpms to play with.

Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Has been done is better than can't be done. So is it less of a problem with the transmission itself and more a difficulty in the tuning process? What makes it more difficult on an AT? Maybe it doesn't matter all that much for performance, but I do like the idea of an extra 700rpms to play with.
Issue is safety for the engine and the turbo primarily. To tune the AT for higher rpm(once the mods are sufficient to be safe) requires tuning the ECU and the TCU unlike in the manual cars just tuning the ECU. Tuning just the TCU in the AT will not work alone as the ECU tuning has to correlate properly to the TCU tuning. Hope this helps and makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts