Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
how old are your kids, just curious.. if kids have to pretty much sit indian style (which isn't quite safe) then that says it all (regarding rear seat) and how 2" of legroom matters
My Boys are 7 & 9 and Im very short so the front seat was not very far back. The salesman in the passenger seat was taller and had the seat pushed up against the rear seat for
"ZERO" leg room.. My current 2011 eclipse gs has a small back seat too but the kids fit fine.. The frs/brz should not have a back seat.. Its not usable unless you throw your laptop back there..Its pointless!! And yes, the Genesis Coupe back seat is actually roomier than my Eclipse.. It would work ok for the family of 4..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just my 2 cents... I drove both the VT auto and frs auto... Off the line acceleration, VT wins.. I had high hopes for the frs before I drove it, handles nice but such a dog off the line.. And my kids had to sit indian style in the back seat.. No leg room at all( should be a 2 seater with more storage space) The VT has plenty of leg room and some to spare...
Havent driven MT on either car, so I cant compare acceleration.. But if you are not buying MT, do not get the FRS/BRZ.. Even the auto scion tc is faster off the line than the frs auto..
DUDE have you read any performance tests on the BRZ? 0-60 is like 6.6, VT mid 7's....... Were you driving with the brake on???????? OBviously MUCH bias here to the VT....... I don't think you'd want to ride in the back seat of either car for a long trip........... Good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
Turbo i appreciate your enthusiasm,obviously heart set on a VT, happy for you....... No bias there!!!! LMAO Vehicles in similar price range, same hp, sporty i think a comparison is FAIR! You obviously haven't driven a BRZ or read many write ups on it......... and AGAIN have missed my entire point............... auto VT with 2500 package puts you right at the BRZ, which is reason for my personal comparo..... opinions vary surely. I'm curious, what sports/sporty cars have you owned............

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
DUDE have you read any performance tests on the BRZ? 0-60 is like 6.6, VT mid 7's....... Were you driving with the brake on???????? OBviously MUCH bias here to the VT....... I don't think you'd want to ride in the back seat of either car for a long trip........... Good luck
Hey DUDE, those times were with the MT.. If you read it correctly, I drove the AT, Im sure the frs is faster if you compare MT on both cars.. After all, I started this thread so I know what the MT comparison test is..Go drive the AT and you will know what Im talking about. Its torque comes in at higher rpm unlike the VT and thats why the MT would be diff. because you can drop the clutch at higher rpm. I do love the look of the frs but the wheels are fugly.. That would be another expense to add.. At least the VT comes with nice 18" standard.. A 27k sports car with 17" wheels is not cool.. Should be at least 19" staggered like the Gen. Coupe..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I originally wanted the BRZ and was following it since its spied photos....now.....i shifted to the focus ST/ VT for its value and sensibility.
Im sure the ST would be a better performance comparison against the BRZ but to get all the extras that the VT offers , your gonna pay through the roof.. The base price of the ST is close to a fully loaded VT
The ST is a very nice performance car for the money and it looks as cool as the VT in its own way..

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
and again, MT tested the MT Ultimate VT and got 0-60 in 6.9.......

i've owned a boosted Tiburon, a modded SRT-4, a 98 modded AWD TSi and a modded 91 TSi..

regardless of anyone's opinion, the comparisons are apples and oranges if you consider the TYPE of car and what they are meant to do. you misewell compare it to a 200hp FWD van or crossover also..

the VTurbo should have been compared to the tC if anything..

have you actually compared the cars in person and test driven both? Sitting in the back seats of the Vturbo is more comfortable than sitting in the back seats of my '10 Jeep Liberty that I traded in. The point with the seats is you can't physically ride in the back seat of the BRZ..

I sat in the BRZ and that was all I needed to know that it was much less practical for anyone with kids.

so comparing a car that is a base model with a car that is fully loaded with the extra expense of a slushbox just to get the price the same makes it MORE fair? lol..

its like beating a dead horse over and over.. comparing apples and apples with a car thats only similarity is 200hp is just silly, especially when the only way it could be further in a different class is if it was a crossover SUV.. The prices are even worlds apart when trying to compare apples n apples as far as features go..

Comparing the BRZ/FR-S to nothing but itself I don't really see what the fanboy car has to offer that hasn't been offered before, other than a RWD boxer configuration. Would be a totally different story if it had the same powerplant as the WRX, given it costs the same and has less to offer..

·
Registered
44 Posts
As they say............ opinions vary.............. N u are pretty funny......... I love how you compare a bred sports car ready for track, upgrades with vehicles you can't even call sporty, or sporty looking........... Ur pretty funny man....... MISS my ENTIRE point because you have such a soft the other spot for the VT............. REVIEW again........ vt auto with 2500 add on.......... is HOW MUCH???????????? 26500 ish??? Lot of performance oriented vehicles is that class eh? Now re-read that again........... Now for some reason you think because one is front and one rear drive you can't compare? really really??? Now since the VT has econocar underpinnings should we only compare to vehicles with similar suspension/underpinnings??? Well hell then it should be compared to a van then! By your logic that makes sense.. so 200hp tiburon a neon and a couple 200hp awds... (nice start cars good platform with mega aftermarket).... what should we compare those to? the Fiat Abarth or the boosted Cruz? Oh wait the front wheel drive neon to vans, the awd's to only audis? Is that logical dude? Well I am definitely beating a dead horse here............. Good luck dude, appreciate your enthusiasm......... ....................

and for the record .......... I get motortrend......July 2012 page 57. BRZ 0-60 6.4, FRS 6.2 quartermile 14.9/14.8 skidpad .94..

AND again.......... I like the VT alot , may purchase....... and i think the manual without 2500 package is a steal at 21ish, but auto with options puts in some serious company where the consumer should compare to some MORE serious vehicles........

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
7 Participants
COMMANDOE
Veloster Turbo Forum
This is the Veloster Turbo forum where you can learn all the tips and mods to make your Hyundai Veloster Turbo faster and talk about the new Veloster N!
Full Forum Listing