Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Veloster turbo DCT. I have several other cars so the mods to the Veloster are slow in coming. So far I have added lightweight 18x8 Motegi Lite wheels and sticky A052 tires. Saved 4 pounds per wheel. Also have installed HKS plugs and a Lap 3 Pro Tuner. I currently have it set on the 91-92 octane map. Noticeable gains with the Lap 3, now my problem is pronounced wheel hop. I must comment on Lap 3's customer service, I am 64 years old and have owned approximately 35 cars, 30 motorcycles and 3 aircraft, I am constantly ordering aftermarket parts but rarely have I experienced the immediate and tolerant customer service Lap 3 provides.

·
Registered
2013 VT
103 Posts
If wheel hop is your primary concern, a lot of people run aftermarket lower engine mounts, or at least different bushings in the stock unit. It does help a LOT, and the NVH in the cabin is minimal.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
Engine mount and heavier springs/coilovers will help the wheel hop. Different tire and tire pressure can also help. Chassis stiffening mods can also play a role.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am aware of the cause and remedy for wheel hop and I may eventually address it, but it is of little concern to me. I have no interest in drag racing, the only reason for these runs is to compare the relative performance of the pro tuner maps. My goal is to make the car a balanced twisty road car, and perhaps if I gain enough trust in the durability of the DCT an occasional track car. My previous track cars were terribly under powered, would be nice to experience a car that can actually accelerate off a corner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts