Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've Heard that for cold climate region, its better to Do a vta breather than a catch can.. since i live in Canada, how Do you actually Do a vta breather ? Thanks !

·
Registered
308 Posts
There could be a risk with water in the line or catch can freezing and blocking air flow.

To vta, some (including me) run a filter on the end of the stock hose or straight off the valve cover. Cap the port on the intake. This can cause an oily mess but I've vented breathers like that for about 15 years and never had an issue.
Some run a hose straight to the ground and let it drip there. This can also cause an oily mess just on the road or garage.
Some run their hose to a catch can that is vented. Probably the least messy but definitely the most maintenance. Although, its not hard to empty a catch can if you locate it in an accessible spot.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I run vented cans. Hasn't gotten real cold yet but I can't imagine freezing would be a huge issue, there should be enough room inside the can for fluid to expand as long as you empty it often enough. I have to empty mine about every week or two just for my own peace of mind.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run vented cans. Hasn't gotten real cold yet but I can't imagine freezing would be a huge issue, there should be enough room inside the can for fluid to expand as long as you empty it often enough. I have to empty mine about every week or two just for my own peace of mind.
Vented can, is it with a Little Filter instead of replugging IT into the intake ?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
It's on my to do list to make a good breather can setup for these cars since I already have a dual breather hose kit VTA. Many do not want the oil vapor dripping and also that's not legal or safe on many tracks.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
Yes x 2

If it works well will depend on many factors though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts