Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figure I've been lurking around here long enough that I might as well get a start on my build thread. Better late than never. I bought my VT back in April of 2013 after long weeks of research and test driving. It was either the VT or a FRS. Glad i went with the VT. Originally, like most of us here I wasn't going to mod her. That didn't last long after I discovered this forum and all the great vendors here. I'll do my best to keep up with this and keep it as current as possible with each mod added.

Current list of mods is below in my sig, but I'll also add them here as well

Engine:
Turbosocks V1 FMIC
Tork Pipe
Injen SRI
845 3" catless downpipe
Tork Tuned |248whp/263twq|

Suspension/Wheels
Avant Garde M310 18x8.5 +35
Eibach Pro-Kit
PMS Rear Torsion Bar

Exterior
Diode Dynamics license plate LED's
Rally Armor mudflaps
20% window tint
Plasti-Dipped rear emblems
PMS Rear Tow Hook
SoCal Garage Front Tow Hook

Interior
Stock for now

Future Plans
845 catback (bought)
845 Stage 2 stuffed stock turbo (bought)
845 FMIC (bought)
Synapse DV (bought)
AEM Meth Injection (bought)
Tork Motorsports forged internals (deposit paid)

So without further a due...

The day I brought her home from the dealership. The whole buying experience was great and I feel I got a great deal!
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Rally Armor mudflaps installed. Love the way they make the VT look
image (3).jpg
image (4).jpg
image (5).jpg

After the Garageline spacers install. Didn't think to take any before photos, but they gave the wheels an almost perfect flush look. Sorry for my finger in the one photo lol :crazy:
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Injen SRI with the blue finish. Bought off a member on the forums. Trying to go with a blue theme for the engine bay. Once again I failed and didn't get any before pictures, but I think its safe to assume we all know what the stock engine bay looks like lol :)
photo 1 (1).jpg
photo 2 (1).jpg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbosock V1 FMIC install. I opted for blue couplers to go with the whole blue theme. For the most part this wasn't as hard as i was expecting it to be. There were moments i wanted to rip my hair out, but cooler heads prevailed lol :smile:
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg

And all done with the bumper back on. Love seeing a front mount there now :in love:
photo 4 (1).jpg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the looks of that blue intake pipe!
Thanks! :) I was originally gonna go with black, but I saw the blue and had to have it lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very cool stuff! How does the FMIC affect performance?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cool stuff! How does the FMIC affect performance?
The car overall performs way better with a FMIC in my opinion. More responsive, definitely more power. I'm not sure of exact numbers but you can feel it that's for sure. The tires break free easier :crazy: Turbo seems to spool a little quicker as well. Sock's kit comes with a BOV as well. I have the Type S. I know he is doing a HKS type now, but the added sound always puts a stupid grin on my face :) A must get mod for sure.

Reactions: MyDianaZ06

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well some of you might remember i bought some Avant Garde's a couple weeks back. They are the M310s in Dolphin Grey, 18x8.5 +35. Well I finally got back home from Chicago earlier this week and finally got around to installing them and getting some quick photos taken. I love them!! Changes the way the car looks completely. Has a very nice flush look. Still using the stock tires. Now all it needs is lowered a little :)

Anyway here are some pics for your viewing pleasure :)

image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg
image (4).jpg
image (5).jpg

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Nice! I wish I could find that blue injen intake. only seen them in black and polished. I would totally jump on that.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Damn those wheels looks nasty! Love em!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Those are perfect photos of 18x8.5 wheels on the stock 215 tire. Thank you for that! Car looks great! Will be even more of a neck snapper when she's lowered.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Those look awesome!!!! Grats!!!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
nice wheels! needs a drop bad, it changes the look of the car so much. I really believe that the designers intended this car to be low. Everything tucks up nicely under the car and gives a nice flat bottom to work with.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Seriously has anyone seen that blue Injen intake anywhere?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
845 downpipe arrived today! Kyle did an amazing job! Now I just gotta get this sucker installed :)

image (6).jpg

Reactions: orbeavhawk

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally getting around to post some more photos. A lot has been done to the car these past couple of weeks :)

Here are some photos of the 845 install. Took some while i was removing the stock cat and then upon getting frustrated, I neglected to take anymore or get a photo of the downpipe installed. Fail lol. Overall love the downpipe. It gave great gains. 20whp/15wtq, also give the stock exhaust a nice tone to it. Only complaint so far would be that it does throw a cel, but hopefully that's fixed soon.

image (13).jpeg
image (14).jpeg
image (15).jpeg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After the downpipe was installed it was time to bring out the beast with a Tork tune :)

First though, I was having some serious problems with the Greddy Type S knock off that came in Turbosock's V1 FMIC kit. Wouldn't hold boost worth a damn and had to battle leaks with it. So I finally got fed up and with the HKS style that he offers. Night a day difference and is better the the Type S in every way. Plus i love the way it sounds.

image (16).jpeg

Next was the actual tune. Great overall experience! John and everybody at Tork Motorsports are awesome people. Super friendly and knowledgeable. My car was a problem child, due to the Greddy knockoff BOV and running into issue with solenoid control, but after two trips up to Auburn we finally got her dialed in and holy sh!t I couldn't be happier.

It feels like a completely different car. Throttle response is instant, nor more hesitation in any gear and it will spin into 3rd if I let it. Simply amazing! The car should have come like this from the factory! My final numbers were 248whp/263wtq. If i had an exhaust i could have had even higher gains, but that will come in due time! :)

image (17).jpeg
image (18).jpeg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts