Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am looking to buy Hyundai Veloster Turbo. Please tell me if I should wait for a 2014 model? Will it have an R-spec option? More HP? 2.0 engine? Veloster Velocity? Any release dates? Or just get whatever left from 2013.

I want Turbo Vitamin C with ultimate. There is only one for sale in USA and they want to overcharge me $2,000. Dont know what to do. For any other color (expt. m GRAY) with ultimate package I get $24,300 price(including all rebates). What Do you guys think?

TURBO Standard vs Turbo Ultimate ?????
is there a backup camera in Standard?

Thank You.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I'd buy now just for the price difference. Same HP. R-Spec has very minor difference, not something you can't mod. Don't pay for overcharge. Never pay for overcharging. I'd wait for 2014 if that will be the case. That's just ridiculous.

Ultimate has camera. Standard doesn't.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
The deal with Hyundai USA is that they will strip down US builds. After a year they will market the things they stripped down as "NEW" for that new year model. I hate it with a passion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any Idea when 2014 Turbo will become available? and would it cost more?

·
Registered
361 Posts
The 2014 is supposed to have a backup cam on base model:
http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/veloster-turbo-discussions/3372-changes-2014-a.html

I was considering settling for the non ultimate because the only matte grey in all of the west coast was a turbo base. Sounds stupid but the thing that finally tipped me over the edge was the base didnt even have auto-headlights! My first car 20 years ago had friggin auto headlights! U kidding me? Lol

I ended up ordering my car from virginia!

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
I don't even use my auto headlights... I rather turn them on and off whenever I want them on and off. I run mine them all day with the LEDS only and at night with all on.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I don't even use my auto headlights... I rather turn them on and off whenever I want them on and off. I run mine them all day with the LEDS only and at night with all on.
yup. i don't want my car deciding for me when it comes to lighting. this is why I even bought the stand-alone fog lights mod from Bruce.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ya ive been in the habit of leaving my headlights on when i get out of the car for years and years.... Call me lazy but it is what it is :p In reality i wanted the sunroof and nav pretty bad but that was just my tipping point. I like having a "loaded model.

In any case op id bet ur bottom dollar the 14 will cost more. The genesis has steadily crept up in price several thousand since its release. The v im sure will be no different.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ya ive been in the habit of leaving my headlights on when i get out of the car for years and years.... Call me lazy but it is what it is :p In reality i wanted the sunroof and nav pretty bad but that was just my tipping point. I like having a "loaded model.

In any case op id bet ur bottom dollar the 14 will cost more. The genesis has steadily crept up in price several thousand since its release. The v im sure will be no different.

The auto headlights are only for automatically turning on the headlights. All models will automatically turn off your headlights for you when you shut off the car.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
as i replied from your thread on veloster.org

2013. but goodluck when you want an ultimate in vitamin c, elite white, or matte grey. They are rare. I got lucky two weeks ago when I got mine...it was sitting at the port and just got off the boat.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I think the point of the VT for most is the technology it has. I think the only reasons people would buy base is either budget or hatred for the extra weight of the sunroof.

I do agree that the auto-headlights are nice, better than not having them. Some people actually need them because they forget to turn on headlamps at night. Just last night, someone was trying to merge to highway without headlamps. That's just asking for an accident.

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
[derail]Auto headlamps are for idiots. If your to stupid to realize that it's dark out and that you should turn on your lights your to stupid to be driving.
It's further attempts to water down the gene-pool of this sort that results in us Americans getting stupider and fatter with every generation.[/derail]

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I do agree that the auto-headlights are nice, better than not having them. Some people actually need them because they forget to turn on headlamps at night.
Auto head lights have been around for ever. With the addition if DRL, and dash boards that automatically illuminate when ever the car is most people don't realize that they don't have their head lights on.

I'm 33. And back in the day my uncles Cadilacs had auto lights. I got use to never touching the light knob. On the odd time someone switched the auto lights off the driver would know that head lights were off because the cluster would be dark. Now a days clusters are lit all the time and they put the 2 warning lights on the dash. But I bet half the people don't know what it is.

·
Registered
361 Posts
[derail]Auto headlamps are for idiots. If your to stupid to realize that it's dark out and that you should turn on your lights your to stupid to be driving.
It's further attempts to water down the gene-pool of this sort that results in us Americans getting stupider and fatter with every generation.[/derail]
Or maybe for people who just like auto headlights.

THis is the first time Ive seen someone just straight up insult another member, in contrast I have found most people trying to be helpful.... I never thought it would be the number one poster calling someone an idiot over something as stupid as liking auto headlights.

Yes, I like auto headlights. No i am not an idiot. Why do I like them? Because I am used to them. I don't "need them" to realize it is dark outside. Just like I don't "need" a timer on my microwave. If you want to be a real jerk you could say "timer's on microwaves are for idiots" -- "if you are too stupid to turn off your microwave after 2 minutes you have no business reheating leftovers".

Don't start sh*t over nothing... I'm just saying my opinion is the ultimate package is worth the extra bucks.

Reactions: Dominw and VTBoost

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
the last thing anyone should consider with the ultimate package is auto headlights haha when it's the choice of is there is a panoramic sunroof over your head or not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also please tell me if I do get a Vitamin C color, would I have problems if the car would need some paint touch ups? (Body works?) Or it doesn't meeter?

·
Registered
361 Posts
^yes kyber I agree with you. For me I was basically looking at putting an aftermarket head unit with nav and aftermarket backup cam if I didn't get the ultimate. Either way I am upgrading the speakers and adding an amp. So for me the question was do I want to pay $1500 plus $1000 in shipping extra over the cost to do my own audio upgrade for the ultimate just for a sunroof. It was something I milled over for days while I was shopping (car availability was also a huge factor in my purchase). But I started finding out other little things the ultimate had such as the headlights and so forth so I finally said phuket and decided on the ultimate afterall.

I'm happy with my final decision.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Also please tell me if I do get a Vitamin C color, would I have problems if the car would need some paint touch ups? (Body works?) Or it doesn't meeter?
It's usually the first scratch the hurts the most. after getting a lot of stone chipping on my front bumper (because it's closer to the ground than say, an SUV), I realized that I should have gotten a black or white VT - then plasti dip the hell out of it. easy touch up, protection, and inexpensive. if you care about the paint so much, get it protected right after you drive off the dealership.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lol Swordfish at his finest. At least I'm not the only one that has found him to be a little rough around the edges sometimes. He's not too bad once you get used to him. Just have to have thicker skin around him as I found out in another thread. He means well for the most part.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts