Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,486 Posts
Also you need to know the plugs and gaps in the car, fuel type used, mods on the car, and if it has the oem tune or not? Any one of these can easily cause the issues. I have yet to see any oem coils fail at that mileage just FYI.

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
Check plugs and gaps is priority #1. Also be sure the car has the proper oem coils in it. Also check the battery health. Also only top tier 91+ fuel. Have you confirmed that it has the oem tune in it or is than an assumption? You can't make any assumptions when trying to sort issues out as you may dismiss the actual issue and waste a lot of time and $ in the process.

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
Datalog of the car is the easiest way to know if stock or not that anyone can do. Pulling the tune file is another way but not as easy or cost effective for most to do.

See if you can find out the misfires per cylinder for the current and avg over last 10 drive cycles in the ecu. This can be done with some scan tools or with the torque app and a good reader used with it that can also be used for a datalog.

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
You have to go to test results and let it do a full refresh to see the misfire history per cylinder at the bottom of the list that populated.

Yes if you do not have the drive cycles on the ecu it will not pass inspection. Although new cars are exempt for several years in many areas for emissions.

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
Just check the test results section and refresh before you clear any codes as that will also clear the misfires per cylinder as well.

Also if you have torque pro and the android device with that reader you can easily get a short datalog to see if the oem tune or not. Just need to set it up properly before doing so.

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
See what happens. Long as not a wear item or mods on car or something crazy it should be covered under warranty if you still have warranty on the car and by any dealer. If they will not do it I'd find another dealer to fix the issue. The diagnostic fee is BS in a way but hell they have to make $ I guess. I'd only charge you $149 ;-) LMAO!

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
Unless the mods and warranty agreement is in writing then you're screwed in terms of warranty by most dealers and there is nothing you can do about especially if it has been documented.

The air filter setup is not OEM and will not cause the issue. Makes you wonder why the old owner traded it in and what all had been done to the car and how it was treated.

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
Getting the oem intake for a gen 2 is not an issue so not sure why they're having issues. Getting new or used in a week or less should be the norm.

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
If you're paying for parts then you get the parts. Will be quicker than them. Or at least k ow I can get em quicker. Lol!

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
That last part is not true at all. As long as they want the oem part on the car it does not matter where it comes from especially if you're paying for it. If they refuse you may as well find another dealer anyway. Matter of fact screw them and go to another one anyway they dumb.

· Administrator
6,486 Posts
This is ridiculous. I could had the parts and the car fixed many times by now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts