Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
make sure you document everything and report to corporate. maybe just communicate with the GM only.

honda civic sport is a very boring car, lol.

Reactions: TheDragon

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,551 Posts
See what happens. Long as not a wear item or mods on car or something crazy it should be covered under warranty if you still have warranty on the car and by any dealer. If they will not do it I'd find another dealer to fix the issue. The diagnostic fee is BS in a way but hell they have to make $ I guess. I'd only charge you $149 ;-) LMAO!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok, so IF the car was mod'd, and the dealer refuses to fix car, THEN I should sue the dealership that sold it to me under the pretense of having an extended warranty. Otherwise, it sounds like Hyundai should honor the warranty and fix the CEL.

Yeah, I don't mind spending a little, but I just spent all my savings getting the car, and then some to do the work on my own.

One more question (maybe for @trdtoy ), I noticed that my car has the conical air filter on it (like in your avatar pic) , but did not think much of it when purchasing. Not being very familiar with these cars, is that stock or did someone remove the airbox and replace it? Maybe that is causing the misfires?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,551 Posts
Unless the mods and warranty agreement is in writing then you're screwed in terms of warranty by most dealers and there is nothing you can do about especially if it has been documented.

The air filter setup is not OEM and will not cause the issue. Makes you wonder why the old owner traded it in and what all had been done to the car and how it was treated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok, I got in touch with the sales guy I got the car from. He suggested to keep hounding the dealer, go to GM and then up the chain. Will see how far this goes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Update.

So, dealer said they have been looking at my car for about a week (had it there for 3 weeks now). They said aftermarket air intake may void warranty, the service alerts have been going off way before I bought the car, and that I cannot file a lemon law against other dealership I bought it from, since lemon law only applies to original dealerships.

Hoping they can still fix car, but may have to get a lawyer to settle this with the place I bought it from.

Good times.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts