Veloster Turbo Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
....and...still waiting on dealer to get parts...been more than 6 months now. The good news is my car is running great with no CEL in last 4 months (since I picked it back up from sitting in their parking lot for a month). So, I'm guessing the spark plug change I did fixed it. Still....dealer not able to get parts for the car makes me very uneasy. Great car though.

· Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,486 Posts
This is ridiculous. I could had the parts and the car fixed many times by now.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yay! So finally got call yesterday that my part came in! Still going on about 9 months trying to resolve this issue. It took about 7 months for the dealer to get the last part in.
And, about 10 mins later I get in my car and ....yup....CEL. I ran scanner when I got home and over the last 5 months of driving I have had 161 start, over 3300 miles with no CEL. Then, after 5 months they call me to tell me the part is here and it hits again. Faults are same (300,302,304) for cycl 2 and 4 misfire. :(

Hopefully this airbox change fixes the issue.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Update: It took about a week for them to install the OEM air box kit. Now my car is "under warranty" again. About a week (and 100 miles or so) after getting car back , CEL again. Dealer told me there was a TSB open on this issue and they could not "fix" it until the air box and ignition coils were changed.

Got my car back the day before I went on a 1 week vacation, but have driven it for 2 days now. Inspection now due,so have to get a couple hundred miles on it to clear fail log...hoping it's fixed now. 11 months since I bought car. :)

· Registered
33 Posts
Update: It took about a week for them to install the OEM air box kit. Now my car is "under warranty" again. About a week (and 100 miles or so) after getting car back , CEL again. Dealer told me there was a TSB open on this issue and they could not "fix" it until the air box and ignition coils were changed.

Got my car back the day before I went on a 1 week vacation, but have driven it for 2 days now. Inspection now due,so have to get a couple hundred miles on it to clear fail log...hoping it's fixed now. 11 months since I bought car. :)
I can see why they want a stock intake on your car to clean up any variables. That being said, I thought I saw a internal Hyundai let sent to all dealers and Hyundai N owners on what parts constitutes warranty and non warranty. I can only assume this is blanketed to all turbo cars. If I remember right, cold are intakes don't void the warranty in the USA. It was all based on what alters boost and timing. Cat back exhaust was ok , 98% cold air intake was ok. BOV was not. Any form of tune or piggyback was not.

As far as they must get the parts OH BS. You could of bought bone yard parts, come retrieve the car and bring it back and call it a day. Just a nonsense thought process by that bogus dealer.

Any new news on your car's journey?

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yup. I didn't think anyone was reading this thread.

So, when I got car back a couple months ago the dealer service rep seemed pretty confident it was fixed. I asked some more questions to try and guage what was going on and how to proceed if I got CEL again. They restated there was a TSB out on the car , it was a known issue and it should be fixed now.

I've been driving it little to moderately over the last 2 months and put just over 1100 miles on it. No CEL! Seems like it's fixed. And one day, driving my 30 miles to work , even hitting 70mph a bit, I even got 50mpg. This little 1.6l Turbo is freaking awesome. Love this car.

I feel a little burned on the CEL issue, as I still am constantly checking my dash for the CEL, but then I just punch it, put a smile on my face and go on my way.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts