Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@GSC2019
I feel the need to warn others whom could be potential targets. Do not "trade", buy, sell, or send him anything. No matter how "friendly" or how much trust worthy he comes off to be he will scam you. We had what I thought became friends and went to "trade" my used block for a few spare parts he wanted to get rid of. I ate shipping and paid him $100. Never received tracking number. Shortly after he received his package he has now gone ghost. Be aware.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Strange, wonder what the details of these occurrences are?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He had been helping me tear down the block so he could have it. He just had to cover shipping. A while down the road he mentioned some spare parts he wanted to get rid of and proposed a trade, no shipping cost on his part none on mine. He then mentioned a fmic that caught my attention and was willing to do 100$ and hel ship it along with everything else to cut down on shipping cost. Once I received it I were to pay the other 100$ for his offering price of 200... Well he got his half on the trade and iv been waiting 3 weeks. He kept coming up with excuses to why he could give me a tracking number. ( Let me rewind on his "shipping" day he sent me a usps tracking number, witch he claimed to be the peirburg wastegate solenoid because I mentioned mine had broke. On arrival it is infact a oem, besides the point, his "big package" coming ups never came with a tracking number). Sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Weird.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That description of events was horrible, but the whole thing was very shady. I don't want drama just if could save someone else the disappoinment.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I just hope it's not things out of his control and calling him a scammer.

I run a business selling parts for these cars and have been having really bad luck here lately with fab shops and shipping/receiving things in general. Some blame covid but meh I dunno about some if thats true or not. I get frustrated over it as I know the customers do as well.

The joys of having to choose who to trust over the internet.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do understand that, but a few things are not panning out like that, as in last we spoke he said ups "attempted delivery" once I informed him I had security cameras and the footage say otherwise he quit responding. That's been since last Friday. I also don't understand why it's so hard to get a tracking number? If I atleast knew there was a package and it was shipped I would understand the rest is out of his control. If by some miracle it does come in I will be sure to clear it up.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
This is strange not providing a tracking number if one was provided by the shipper. I had a package delivered the other week and signed for but did not tell the address it was delivered to. Found out it was to a house an hour away. Not sure how they screwed that up. Not even same state or city or close to the same zip code. #2020problems lol!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol I don't doubt that one bit. Hell it took 4 different people from FedEx to pick up the 84lbs block because it was "too heavy" despite ground supporting up to 150lbs.. it would take a crew of FedEx workers to pick up a 150lbs package lol

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Been through that before as well where they could not deliver due to package weight. I ended up going to pick it up myself.

Reactions: Venomkid

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
379 Posts
The same guy scammed me as well.
Karma will get back at him so no worries.

Btw 84 pounds is what my Toyota transmission weighed when I pulled it out of the car.
I also put it back in the bay over the fender with no problems, by myself. Fed-ex guys must be pu$$ies I guess. 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
385 Posts
May I ask if it is wrong to give out info about someone that is ruining our Forum? P.S. no more than can be found on the net, so no exact address.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I received a PM from an account "that was created 2 days a go that seem strange. The person has only - 2 comments and no posts," yet contacted me before I saw my question on the thread. Saying that he works for the sheriff depart, and he lives in the same area as the Scammer, and want the info to run a check on GSC2019. I feel that I should wait to receive a response from the moderator or victims before I move forward.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
for sure ignore that crap

·
Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
I received a PM from an account "that was created 2 days a go that seem strange. The person has only - 2 comments and no posts," yet contacted me before I saw my question on the thread. Saying that he works for the sheriff depart, and he lives in the same area as the Scammer, and want the info to run a check on GSC2019. I feel that I should wait to receive a response from the moderator or victims before I move forward.
sounds fishy what’s the user?

im ok with this thread. If nvy thinks otherwise we can remove it.

·
Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
i have a sneaking suspicion it's the same person as GSC2019 who was on here less than a day ago.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Reactions: misnblu
1 - 20 of 21 Posts