Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my LAP3 tune in now and I have been having trouble with the boost during mid acceleration. It does a lot of heavy surging… like some of you guys predicted. I have the solenoids but I can’t find the how to videos

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
No need for a how to video. Just hook up using pictures. Many out there on the net. Just as important as the hookup is the vacuum lines used need to be very robust to not kink, collapse, or leak.

Hopefully you do not have a fuel line issue. Thats common as well but you were also told about that pretty sure.

The surging or fueling issue are not good especially on a weak internal engine on 91 pump gas and one of many issues I've seen with that tune. Can't say you were not warned of issues or the cost at least. And the honesty admitting this is few and far between so thank you for that. That will go farther in a community than lying or not mentioning something that may safe others down the road.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need for a how to video. Just hook up using pictures. Many out there on the net. Just as important as the hookup is the vacuum lines used need to be very robust to not kink, collapse, or leak.

Hopefully you do not have a fuel line issue. Thats common as well but you were also told about that pretty sure.

The surging or fueling issue are not good especially on a weak internal engine on 91 pump gas and one of many issues I've seen with that tune. Can't say you were not warned of issues or the cost at least. And the honesty admitting this is few and far between so thank you for that. That will go farther in a community than lying or not mentioning something that may safe others down the road.
I don’t know where they are located at all I know the hookup is easy but that is all. The tune is pretty good but the surging is a no go so for those who plan for the tune be prepared to purchase these it’s about 250-300 bucks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t know where they are located at all I know the hookup is easy but that is all. The tune is pretty good but the surging is a no go so for those who plan for the tune be prepared to purchase these it’s about 250-300 bucks
Pictures would be nice 😛

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
sxth has install info on their site.

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
The solenoids are not needed for any tune or bov upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
Never do pulls with traction on that kills the fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts