Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo DCT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I got the windshield replaced from the dealership I bought my VT at about a week and a half after purchasing the car and after the timeframe of having the tape on it, I took it to the car wash and noticed small bits of water on the rubber floor mat. At first, I thought maybe it was from opening the door quick and water just splashed in. A few days later, it rained and when I got in my car, there was a lot more water on the floor mat. I immediately looked over and could see some water dripping but still can't fully see where it's coming from.

I took it back to the dealership on Wednesday assuming they didn't do good at sealing the windshield and they kept it for the day to inspect it. When I picked up the car, they said they reinspected the windshield seals and said they possibly found a spot where it could have been leaking and sealed it up and that they were confident the issue was resolved.

Well, that's total bs. Today, it's raining and will be raining all day and there's water still dripping in. I tried to catch a video but every time I do, it stops dripping. The dealership told me to go to Hyundai instead of the Honda one I got it from otherwise they would have to charge me a diagnostic fee to look at it more but either way, they're both going to charge me a shit ton just to look at it. Below is what I could get.

The first video was from today and the others are from previous occasions.

Any ideas where this could be coming from?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,171 Posts
I would pull that footwell trim too. You’re looking for where it starts… may have to get your head up under there with a light and your feet over the back of the seat.

·
Registered
2016 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo DCT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would pull that footwell trim too. You’re looking for where it starts… may have to get your head up under there with a light and your feet over the back of the seat.
Okay, so I did what you said about the feet over the back of the seat thing and damn was that a workout. Anyway, I'm confident the leaking is coming from the area circled below looking from the footwell up to the top right corner. It looks like it's some sort of sealant and maybe from the bottom right corner of where the windshield is placed.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Pardon my struggle in this video. I'm 6ft and upside down. Lmao

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,171 Posts
Sounds like you have a case against the place that installed the windshield.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That looks like the cowl trim and if I'm not mistaken that is also where the fresh air for the vents passes. They probably had to remove that piece for the windshield, or removed the seal around the piece below the windshield. Attached picture is for a Honda, but gives you an idea.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive fuel system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts