Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i seem to be getting like a knocking or rattle sound when i hold the rpm at about 1950rpm when at idle... i sometime here this knocking sound when im in low gears and at about the rpm. When i pop the bonnet to look in the engine bay i dont here this knocking sound i can only hear it when im inside the cabin..

also the car seem pretty shaky when i hold the rpm at 1950.

does anyone have similar issue?

the only mods i have done to the car is torq pipe, magnaflow exhaust and drop in K&N.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not sure, maybe something with the exhaust at that RPM is causing something under the car to wiggle? Recheck the exhaust hangers. Make sure they are all snug>>?

Other then that, You can try to reset the ECU. Just disconnect the positive battery terminal for 2min.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, i seem to be getting like a knocking or rattle sound when i hold the rpm at about 1950rpm when at idle... i sometime here this knocking sound when im in low gears and at about the rpm. When i pop the bonnet to look in the engine bay i dont here this knocking sound i can only hear it when im inside the cabin..

the only mods i have done to the car is torq pipe, magnaflow exhaust and drop in K&N.
hmm my vt is auto stock and i get a somewhat similar noise at those rpms it feels and sounds like something is loose took it to the dealership one guy said it could be the plate underneath the car and a senior tech drove it and said it was because of the dual clutch lol come to find out that vts don't have dct...

Reactions: silverberet

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
hmm my vt is auto stock and i get a somewhat similar noise at those rpms it feels and sounds like something is loose took it to the dealership one guy said it could be the plate underneath the car and a senior tech drove it and said it was because of the dual clutch lol come to find out that vts don't have dct...
the senior tech should be demoted to junior.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I also have this same noise you’re the only person I’ve found with it on the entire internet. It also comes around 3-4K rpm for me not just around 2k rpm still have no figured it out

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,260 Posts
It can be many causes. Need more info/details to know what the cause is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts