Veloster Turbo Forum banner
381 - 400 of 411 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
You can get a 16-17 DCT into the 13's on the oem tune and not even have full bolt ons. Can get it into the 12's with a tune and still not have full bolt ons. I can get auto or DCT VT into the 12's for $2k or less in mods.

Reactions: reymacky

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can get a 16-17 DCT into the 13's on the oem tune and not even have full bolt ons. Can get it into the 12's with a tune and still not have full bolt ons. I can get auto or DCT VT into the 12's for $2k or less in mods.
wow, that sounds promising! You think I can get 12s or better having those bolt-ons listed even without a tune? I'll probably just do a remote tune since there is no local shops here offering that to a VT. and do you know of any that offers a remote tune that you can recommend?

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
13's will be best on the oem tune. 12's will be best tuned. Qwik Tyme Performance or SXTH element engineering will be the best two options on tuning and bolt ons.

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
Getting the bolt ons to meet your goals while being cost effective will be crucial before a tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm Lily, Knoxville TN, I've been driving Scion xBs up till now, '06 and a '15... Been looking at Turbo Velosters for almost two years now and finally pulled the trigger and found one in good shape for the right price.
She's a 2014 with 70k miles, black. In great condition. Needed a couple things like spark plugs and new tires. I'm working on some mods currently. Is it weird that I name my cars LOL, named her Kitty Kitty.
Anyway can't wait to get my coil overs, new exhaust, and upgrade my stereo. Woo. Here we go.

Car Vehicle registration plate Plant Vehicle Grille
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,080 Posts
welcome to the club!

Reactions: KittyKitty_

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
Welcome! If you want mod ideas or info just search here. If you want to see mods in person and meet veloster peeps from all over come to RVD event held every year near your area. There is a FB group called raptors vs the dragon. This year will be the 7th year. Was over 110 cars there last year. No dates set for this year yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome! If you want mod ideas or info just search here. If you want to see mods in person and meet veloster peeps from all over come to RVD event held every year near your area. There is a FB group called raptors vs the dragon. This year will be the 7th year. Was over 110 cars there last year. No dates set for this year yet.
Awesome! I'll have to check it out. ^_^

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all I am new to the Veloster scene me and my fiancee just bought a clean 2015 black turbo with 90k on it completely stock and in immaculate condition (old woman previous owner) we pick it up tomorrow will post pics soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,
Purchased a 2014 Veloster Turbo w 48k miles about a month ago. I traded in a 2017 Ford Edge Sport that I had upgraded w a few bolt-ons, and a tune. I am really missing that V6 TT power, but between the payment and gas, I just couldn't afford it anymore. Sold it for almost $10k more than I got it for and bought the 2014 VT outright. So far on the VT I have put afe rapid induction cai, HPS hot side pipe, pcv side catch can, GFB DVX bov, throttle accelerator, forge silicone boost hoses, and I ordered a pre tuned ECU from SFR tuning over the weekend. Looking forward to interacting w you all. Thanks for having me.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,080 Posts
welcome to the club!

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
Hello all,
Purchased a 2014 Veloster Turbo w 48k miles about a month ago. I traded in a 2017 Ford Edge Sport that I had upgraded w a few bolt-ons, and a tune. I am really missing that V6 TT power, but between the payment and gas, I just couldn't afford it anymore. Sold it for almost $10k more than I got it for and bought the 2014 VT outright. So far on the VT I have put afe rapid induction cai, HPS hot side pipe, pcv side catch can, GFB DVX bov, throttle accelerator, forge silicone boost hoses, and I ordered a pre tuned ECU from SFR tuning over the weekend. Looking forward to interacting w you all. Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the forum!

Read up on here for any information on the platform and get the sfr tune and throttle accelerator off the car asap.

FYI I have 3 VT and a 16 explorer sport with the 3.5TT :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Read up on here for any information on the platform and get the sfr tune and throttle accelerator off the car asap.

FYI I have 3 VT and a 16 explorer sport with the 3.5TT :)
Thank you, appreciate the welcome. What's wrong w the SFR tune? I did plenty of reading around before I chose them, but didn't see them mentioned much. I have a local tuner here in MD that I use/know/trust and he doesn't do Hyundai but recommended SFR. I just ordered it yesterday, it's not on the car yet. So I can still cancel if needed. If not them, who do you use and/or suggest?

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
Thank you, appreciate the welcome. What's wrong w the SFR tune? I did plenty of reading around before I chose them, but didn't see them mentioned much. I have a local tuner here in MD that I use/know/trust and he doesn't do Hyundai but recommended SFR. I just ordered it yesterday, it's not on the car yet. So I can still cancel if needed. If not them, who do you use and/or suggest?
SFR is one of the first to tune these cars but by far not near the best at doing so. The results are not near what some of the others can produce even on a safer level.

Qwik Tyme Performance and SXTH Element Engineering I'd consider the top two tuners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I cancelled my order w SFR this morning, and I've been talking w Qwik time most of the day on FB messenger discussing what equipment I need to buy in order to get their tune remotely. I'll be ordering tonight and hopefully ready for the tune next week.

·
Registered
'13 Coupe 3D, Boston Red
4 Posts
Honestly, I don't know if mine's a Turbo, so I might be in the wrong place.

Coming from GM's 1500 platforms, my '13 Coupe 3D in Boston Red is a treat. Husband and I absolutely love the car, Coco. So, my plan was to take the car to the drive in and blast the sound system. Explosions! However, will the battery last me all the way through a movie? It's usually a double feature, with intermission to start the car and recharge, but you know there's an amp under the seat and this thing can thump pretty good. Am I gonna sap myself dry before the end of one of today's movies?

As for the maybe Turbo, maybe not, only indication I have is a Turbo badge on the trunk, but everything else is pointing towards not.

First base model wheels, no side skirts, trapezoidal exhaust, no turn signal mirrors, colored front fascia, trapezoidal fogs, moon roof, dual clutch, and a non-nav unit. I feel like someone just slapped an emblem on the back. I'm still happy with the car. I just might be in the wrong place.

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
Will not go long blasting a radio with the car off without much more battery capacity.

Based on the pic and description I say you have the 1.6 NA Veloster

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have taken my VT to the drive on a number of occasions with no troubles. Just make sure you have a jump pack in case the battery is not so good as it can die. Also make sure you only have the radio on and no a/c / fans as it will kill the battery (learns the hard way when trying to de fog the window on a colder night and didn’t want to have the windows down lol) bring a blanket if it’s going to be cold so you can leave the windows down.

381 - 400 of 411 Posts