Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is slowly modding his 08 civic si and i'll be catching up soon with an exhaust, CAI and ECU flash when it is available.
Now hes talking about replacing the header and he claims that gives the most benefit in HP gains.
True?
What other mods are available?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing right now.. intercooler setups are in the works.. this car just came out.. so we gotta wait everyone else to R&D stuff yet :(
I am aware of many mods not being available since this car is new.
What I am interested in is what parts COULD be modded?

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I am aware of many mods not being available since this car is new.
What I am interested in is what parts COULD be modded?

well in that case.. intake, downpipe, charge pipes, front mount, catback, maybe o2 elbow, blow off valve ( merely aesthetic) and obviously tune . thats it as far as go fast performance without opening the engine

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan on doing a lot.
In what order do they benefit me the most?

·
Registered
54 Posts
nothing right now.. intercooler setups are in the works.. this car just came out.. so we gotta wait everyone else to R&D stuff yet :(
I'm working with a manufacturer in Utah about a fmic in the works should have Dino results in the next few weeks. Also working on a cai with a dyno, possibly doing a package deal and a group buy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wish I knew what all these car terms meant haha...
New to cars in general.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fmic = front mount intercooler.

one of the few I know. haha
Is the fmic the small metal thing when you look direcly into the front grill to the right?
Does this have anything to do with a CAI?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is the fmic the small metal thing when you look direcly into the front grill to the right?
Does this have anything to do with a CAI?
CAI = cold air intake
SRI = short-ram intake

The intake in general (stock, CAI or SRI) is not related to the IC (intercooler). You would want to upgrade your intake to a SRI or CAI for increased HP gains. Theres a nice Injen Dyno thread up right now that shows the differences between their CAI and SRI.

I have asked the question on another thread already if we actually have a need to upgrade the IC with the car "stock" and no tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts