Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Veloster Turbo 1.6L
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for new rims but i wanna buy the sizes that make it look flush with the chassis?
Im interested in 18x8.5, that size will work?

·
Registered
280 Posts
There’s an entire thread on this already

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
205 Posts

+35 on stock ride height.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,233 Posts
Factors are full tire and wheel specs, suspension, and if you want tire or wheel fo be flush.

Reactions: Velosy

·
Registered
2016 VT
31 Posts
Here is another discussion for our cars: The Ultimate "WILL THEY FIT?" Thread

Also a useful calculator for sizing: https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=30

the Fitment Industries gallery will also give you a rough idea of sizing. Good pics and exact specs will be most useful: Find Your Fitment | Over 30,000 Vehicles | Fitment Industries

In terms of 18x8.5 I would probably recommend something like +40, but thats just my opinion. Your tires may stick out depending on what size you get. I personally have 18x8.5 +45, which sit a little tucked, but I have 245/35 tires which poke. So something to keep in mind.

As they say, measure twice, cut once! I would also say it's better to go a little less aggressive and get small spacers if you end up needing them. I made the mistake of getting too aggressive wheels earlier on and I paid the price. Had to get a new set to get the fitment I wanted.

Reactions: Velosy and misnblu

·
Super Moderator
3,710 Posts
17x7.5 +47 puts the wheels flush. 225/45 would be an optimal tire for the size. Small drop no rub. 235 will rub at the mudflaps/skirt area, lol

Reactions: Velosy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Currently running Avid.1 AV-27s in a matte Bronze. they are 18x8.5 et +35. all wrapped in 225/40R they are really flush. No modifications, no rubbing and I am on a stock suspension. However, as stated above, there is a whole thread dedicated to this. I took a long time to figure out what I wanted and what would work. I wanted to go 235s, but like RPW said will rub.
VT1.jpg VT3.jpg VT2.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts