Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some personal opinions on some bovs!!!!
what I’m looking for is something that isn’t overly obnoxious and affordable. Is a bov that fits the factory replacement a better choice or should I go a different route. Any info is appreciated; this is my first car that I’ll be putting mods in so I want to make sure I’m going in the right direction!!!
Thanks everyone

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,551 Posts
You want sound or performance benefits or both? This can be done cheap or not so cheap and the performance benefits are small and sound is the major change.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man thank you for asking I meant to put that in the post, I apologize.
I’m looking for a bit of both, but I figure I’d focus more on other mods for performance rather than focusing on this. I feel like this is more of a sound thing but can have benefits to performance when geared with other mods.
I’d like to go affordable route so I can spend more of my $$ on other parts. I’ll eventually be getting a tune down the road so I want everything done correctly to prepare for that. Hope this helps so I can figure out what’s best suited for me.

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
You want to do the BPV to BOV mod. Remove the BPV hose from the intake and cap the intake with a rubber chair leg or walker cap. See how you like that sound first before spending too much $ just to get a different sound withittle to no benefit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would suggest first thinking if you are planning to go for a FMIC and/or Tune. Then research what BOV you can buy that will fit future mods, that way you don't end up like me. I have factory bov block off plate for My 2015 VT Rspec which looks like this but in black Amazon.com: D DOLITY Turbo Bypass Valve Block Plate Blow Off Valve CBV for Mitsubishi TD04HL Turbos: Automotive, and a black cold pipe insert to throttle body that fits the HKS Super SQV4 BOV. Amazon.com: 2.5 inches Turbo Blow Off Valve Aluminum Flange Adapter Pipe Replacement for Type-SQV BOV (Black): Automotive

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would suggest first thinking if you are planning to go for a FMIC and/or Tune. Then research what BOV you can buy that will fit future mods, that way you don't end up like me. I have factory bov block off plate for My 2015 VT Rspec which looks like this but in black Amazon.com: D DOLITY Turbo Bypass Valve Block Plate Blow Off Valve CBV for Mitsubishi TD04HL Turbos: Automotive, and a black cold pipe insert to throttle body that fits the HKS Super SQV4 BOV. Amazon.com: 2.5 inches Turbo Blow Off Valve Aluminum Flange Adapter Pipe Replacement for Type-SQV BOV (Black): Automotive
You want to do the BPV to BOV mod. Remove the BPV hose from the intake and cap the intake with a rubber chair leg or walker cap. See how you like that sound first before spending too much $ just to get a different sound withittle to no benefit.
Awesome, thank you for informing me!!!
I have been ordering parts from Turbosocks so just browsing what they have I noticed a couple things, one the cold pipe set up and two I saw something about a boost hack. The set up you currently stated is kind of what I was gearing towards, but didn’t want to get it all if it’s not what I need. I don’t mind spending a little bit of money to do the right thing, but as always I’d like to go affordable I’m not trying to spend money on stuff I don’t need hahaha
Thanks again, it’s helping with all the research!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You want to do the BPV to BOV mod. Remove the BPV hose from the intake and cap the intake with
So I’ve done the set up and I would like that sound a little louder. Also, does this do any harm to the vehicle?
Trying to learn as much as I can!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,818 Posts
Bpv to bov doesn’t hurt the car. Just cap the intake.

·
Administrator
5,551 Posts
If you want the most while not wasting $ and remaining safe just listen to me. I took a bone stock 15 manual VT back in october from 182 whp to 250 whp on a conservative tune. It cost the customer less than $2k and this was buying new parts. Could be done easily for less $. This car has been beat on since then no issues.

Re the BOV from BPV mod it will not hurt anything as long as only the intake barb is capped and the BOV hose is VTA.

To be louder it needs to be tuned and/or different BOV used. Listen to various BOV and decide what you want sound wise. There are many out there. Start with the oem location BOVs then go to other options as this will keep the cost down.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've had the Turbosmart Kompact Plumb-Back on since March 2017 and have had zero problems aside from swapping to a lighter spring. It fits on the stock flange without any modification and is plenty loud but not annoyingly so. If you get a different intercooler you can simply get one with the same stock flange.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts