Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if everyone that bought a car so far has been getting floor mats and cargo tray included as "optional", but seem to be in every VT i have seen so far lol. Did all your Ultimate packages come with it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday and it came with the tray and carpeted mats.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dunno about that. I went for the $600 paint and interior protection plan for mine. Not sure if it'll be worth it tho, we'll see. This was my first car buying experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My carpet floor mats have the holes for anchors but no anchors to hold the mats still. its really annoying because it keeps sliding right forward, are the cars meant to come with the anchors in it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine came with anchors, I am thinking they inadvertently left them out when installing your port installed options

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Yeah they are supposed to come with anchors bud, I'd bring it to your dealer immediately so they can take good care of you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
dON'T GET that if you haven't picked up already.......... TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.....

Interior protection is spraying with a 3m product and I forget what the paint protection is, but TOTALLY not worth an add on. (Ive bought about 10 new vehicles, used to sell as well...)

Dunno about that. I went for the $600 paint and interior protection plan for mine. Not sure if it'll be worth it tho, we'll see. This was my first car buying experience.

·
Registered
18 Posts
dON'T GET that if you haven't picked up already.......... TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.....

Interior protection is spraying with a 3m product and I forget what the paint protection is, but TOTALLY not worth an add on. (Ive bought about 10 new vehicles, used to sell as well...)
Whoops, my bad then. Picked it up on Monday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Floor mats, cargo tray, and iPod cable (which is good for nothing).
Canadian trim (only one here)
carpeted mats (bought fitted cargo tray extra)
They etched the glass for free as i refused to pay for it.

Got the 3M film on mine as well as a paid option.

The ipod cable WHAT DOES IT DO???? my buddy has a genesis and said he needed the proper cable (USB and headphone on one side and ipod doc connector on the other) in order for his ipod to work fully. I bought one and i see no different functionality with it vs with just a standard ipod cable plugged into the USB port.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
The Genesis is supposed to require the Hyundai cable. The V does not. I haven't tried my Gen with a regular iPod cable yet.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Window etching by law has to be done by dealer on every car on an open lot for insurance reasons. DO NOT pay for this ever. if it's not there already and you want it there is a kit at most automotive stores. Also some communities and police forces offer it for FREE so look around b4 paying the dealer for this one

·
Registered
730 Posts
Canadian trim (only one here)
carpeted mats (bought fitted cargo tray extra)
They etched the glass for free as i refused to pay for it.

Got the 3M film on mine as well as a paid option.

The ipod cable WHAT DOES IT DO???? my buddy has a genesis and said he needed the proper cable (USB and headphone on one side and ipod doc connector on the other) in order for his ipod to work fully. I bought one and i see no different functionality with it vs with just a standard ipod cable plugged into the USB port.
If you use the cable from Hyundai, the system does not see the iPod as an iPod, so you don't have the controls over the AV system. It see it as other device (the iPod option is not available). Use the regular cable of your iPod and it works via AV system (the iPod option is turned on).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Mine came with floor mats, cargo tray and the cargo net. I asked about mud flaps and the dealer insists that they do not currently have a dealer provided mud flap for the VT and the one from the n/a will not fit. One additional thing mine came with but I didn't find out until later was a "damaged" wheel that had been refinished. I only learned about it when I saw the overall repair list for the car after having a different repair done. I was kinda pissed about not having that disclosed prior to the sale.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Not understanding the "etched glass". I've never heard of this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you use the cable from Hyundai, the system does not see the iPod as an iPod, so you don't have the controls over the AV system. It see it as other device (the iPod option is not available). Use the regular cable of your iPod and it works via AV system (the iPod option is turned on).
me = not getting it

Why would you not want it to recognize as an ipod? woudln't you lose the cover art and other features?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts