Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be haglging for price soon enough and I'd like a rough gauge on how well you got the price down.
A est figure and if prestige paint and auto/ manual

Would be very helpful

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't expect any sort of fantastic discount as there is negative stock available at the moment, some people are being told next year before they will take delivery. If I were a dealer, I wouldn't be offering any discount. In saying that, if you play your cards right there is probably 4k to be had in them. I played a couple dealers off each other (7 in total actually) and Paid 32.5k for manual with pearl paint charge. RRP was around $36-37 on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Marmalade Chameleon Paint
M/T
Floor Mats
Tinted Windows
& All On-Roads

Fortunately play golf with a dealer so got a good deal without playing price wars which is lucky because in Tas there is only one dealership...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys,

Yeah I know with there being sod all around the room for cost cutting will be less, but I will be speaking to a few dealers to get the best price. (I can't even get a test drive in a manual!!) But I know there are Manuals here in Vic available now. Just hope they have a Vitamin C or Matte Grey so I don't have a hideous wait :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, I thought so and the person I spoke to said it does! I said, you sure and she said yep. Strange how other countries can get it but we can't :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
I paid $36k with all on roads, tint, front parking sensors and transport from Vic to ACT.

I could have got fleet pricing which was $33.1k but had to join the back of the queue and wait until the next shipment was loaded into the dealer network list. Apparently Oct, Nov and Dec shipments are all allocated and custoemr orders by colour are being assigned to Jan onwards.

And on colour - Aussies seem to be hopeless. One dealer told me the Turbo wont come in white and Storm Trooper was a grey colour. I am now the proud owner of a very white Storm Trooper Turbo. 1st thing I did was drive it into the orginal dealer and proudly presented it to his manager and told him I paid RRP with no questions asked!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a battleship grey Manual that had just been made a Demo 3 days earlier and was told that they can only make a car a demo every 2 or 3 months (I can't remember which he said) otherwise I prob would have negotiated there and then.

Sounds like a good deal there AJ to get it to ACT plus the rest.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahhh k, I'm booked in to thrash out a deal Saturday morning. I hope I can get this lot to what I want to pay, if not I'll drive across the city to another place who has offered a lowish starting offer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ahhh k, I'm booked in to thrash out a deal Saturday morning. I hope I can get this lot to what I want to pay, if not I'll drive across the city to another place who has offered a lowish starting offer.
How did it go Bender? What's the delivery date?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey John, I got the car, Deposit down.

She said around 6 weeks, but I think the 8, but she said I should have it by Xmas which I'll be stoked with.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey John, I got the car, Deposit down.

She said around 6 weeks, but I think the 8, but she said I should have it by Xmas which I'll be stoked with.
Hey mine must be going to be on the same boat as yours :wink: mine is also due week before Xmas. This is assuming no more strikes in Korea, the ship doesn't hit a storm on the way over and customs/wharfies don't drag their feet to much leading up to xmas.

Not sure if the ships land in Sydney or Melbourne but I know they certainly wouldn't land in Adelaide so mine will have a longer trip on the back of a truck than your will regardless.

Did your dealer give you a stock number, VIN or engine num. I got a stock number (they have started building it) but no VIN/Engine # as he said it hadn't got that far into production yet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure I got a stock number, the wife has put it all away somewhere to keep it safe.

Blackjack I got a Manual in battleship grey :) I got it to $35,200.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my Stormtrooper pearl M/T turbo, with all the bells and whistles, paint, leather treatmeants, tint, electronic rust protection for $33,500 in Newcastle. Was an ex dealer car, but only had 600kms on it. They said they couldnt sell it to me because they couldnt get another manual one to replace it on their yard and that they were required to keep dealer models for 3 months. I complained, whinged, cried, begged and pleaded....4 days later it was in my driveway....booyakasha!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts