·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hit 110,000 miles today

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just another oil change.

Its doing fine. Pffts some black smoke when she leaves after starting the car. Its been like that for 30k+ miles. i assume its shitty hyundai tuning.

Otherwise car is ready for the ONLY set of brakes we are putting on it, and otherwise just a general inspection of its suspension. Roads are brutal in our region. I feel bad for her driving on those rubber band 18's.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just another oil change.

Its doing fine. Pffts some black smoke when she leaves after starting the car. Its been like that for 30k+ miles. i assume its shitty hyundai tuning.
I've never had black smoke with oem tune for 110,000 miles, only white smoke on early morning start ups for a 10 secs or so.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Put in a GFB Respons TMS diverter valve and MAC solenoid. Still figuring out which tuning option I’ll go with once I get my FMIC ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Changed the oil. I change it at 5k. Also washed it. I'm tinting the windows next week, had it ordered pre-cut this time, I just don't have the time I used to have before, I tinted about 10 cars now so I know how to do it. I like to cut it myself it's cheaper too, but my weekends are getting booked up with other projects.
I also hit 62k, so in just a over a year, I put 20K miles on the car they are 90% highway. If this car holds together, I'm gonna try to make this my 3rd car in a row to get to 120k at least. And yeah, next upgrade will be definitely an Apple carplay capable receiver, this is the first car I didn't immediately replace the car stereo and waited over a year.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
changed my 80k hks' at 113,000 miles & did the CERMA turbo nano treatment! My car feels like a beast again!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Car was overheating lately so I decided to flush the coolant...ended up taking it apart a lot more than I thought I would lol

So with new coolant I included new silicone hoses, new thermostat, new temp sensor, oil change with OEM filter, new rotors and pads, new GFB DV to replace the Synapse, new ORCP, and new air filter cone with velocity stack. Biggest f up was the damn alternator terminal stud broke so I'm hoping a bit of JB Weld will help fix that issue over buying a new alternator. Now the fun begins to see if all that shit works together without any leaks :cautious:

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
draining the coolant was interesting at 100K. it drained straight down through the radiatot support after i unscrewed the petcock. i was like wtf? lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
been a long time since ive been on this forum and dont have my old email. so i have created a new log in. small photo dump leading up to where the car is these days. im sure most people here already know.

now that im rebuilding entire car im sure i will need the knowledge that is in this forum site.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
HOLY SHITTTT

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
oh no brian not you tooooooooo :(

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
That super sucks . I never think about when mine is going to go despite the abuse. Got 103K on it now. 2 events left this year... maybe an invitational as well before winter.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Looks like my VT will be going back to stock and headed to the dealership for what will hopefully be a warranty claim 😭

As stated in the previous post from 3 days ago, I decided to do an overhaul in an attempt to fix the overheating and boiling of the coolant. During the process I managed to break the alternator terminal where the battery positive connects and failed to property fix it. The nut got rusted and I guess I'm stronger than I thought so I had battery issues when I went out for the initial drive after putting it back together. Not to mention the new coolant still comes to a boil quickly, bubbles and overflows in the reserve tank, and my exhaust is quite white... which only makes me think the head gasket is blown. With so much effort put into preventative maintenance, I'm pretty pissed this shit happened. So pissed that I'm considering just getting rid of the damn car. I'm currently new in San Diego, CA and not sure which dealerships may be friendly to warranty claims if any. I'd prefer to just take it in as is and avoid having to remove my bits, plus I won't be able to remove the dp and exhaust anyways, but I'll do it if necessary. So depressing.... :cautious:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Looks like my VT will be going back to stock and headed to the dealership for what will hopefully be a warranty claim 😭

As stated in the previous post from 3 days ago, I decided to do an overhaul in an attempt to fix the overheating and boiling of the coolant. During the process I managed to break the alternator terminal where the battery positive connects and failed to property fix it. The nut got rusted and I guess I'm stronger than I thought so I had battery issues when I went out for the initial drive after putting it back together. Not to mention the new coolant still comes to a boil quickly, bubbles and overflows in the reserve tank, and my exhaust is quite white... which only makes me think the head gasket is blown. With so much effort put into preventative maintenance, I'm pretty pissed this shit happened. So pissed that I'm considering just getting rid of the damn car. I'm currently new in San Diego, CA and not sure which dealerships may be friendly to warranty claims if any. I'd prefer to just take it in as is and avoid having to remove my bits, plus I won't be able to remove the dp and exhaust anyways, but I'll do it if necessary. So depressing.... :cautious:
Sorry to hear that. Get the stock tune back in it if you can. Good luck.

14241 - 14260 of 14288 Posts