Veloster Turbo Forum banner
14,281 - 14,300 of 15,611 Posts
Reactions: E9C900A
Just ordered my Setrab 19 row oil cooler, the integral cooling fan, Setrab isolation mounting bracket, and 2 Setrab AN adaptors for the car. ?

Ive had my eyes on the Mishimoto universal unit but doing some more research the Setrab stood out and wasn't that much more and cheaper than the Pierce Motorsports unit by Earls which had good specs and looked good.

Still got to get the Mishimoto thermostatic sandwich plate, some stainless lines, and connectors to custom plumb all this under the hood.

Im hoping the KDMTuners race oil pan comes soon too so I can change the oil and add all these components to get the oil system done.
I still haven't decided whether to stick to the stock oil filter or go with the K&N or Royal Purple. ???
Any suggestions ? ?

I have solutions for the oil filtration both simple and complicated versions on the table to be made at some point. ;-)

I have solutions for the oil filtration both simple and complicated versions on the table to be made at some point. ;-)
I knew you'd chime in. ???
There's still time and I still have a couple of months before I tear off the bumper and start plumbing away. ?

I made an attempt to install my CNT exhaust today. I took it to a shop to have it installed but they wouldn’t touch it because it involves removing the cat. So I called several other local shop and got the same story. So I drove home to do it myself. So I removed the entire exhaust and when I went to bolt up to the downpipe the holes didn’t line up. It was getting dark so I just put the stock one back on but I left the muffler off. I guess I have to hone out the holes on the new exhaust a little in order for it to fit. But I’m going to take my time because it actually sounds pretty good with the muffler delete.

Would love to see a picture of one installed.
I didn't know DCSport made them for the Vt's. Good to know and review. ??
Too dark to take a picture tonight, but this is from their site. Installed pretty easy, very solid and almost as cheap as the multi-piece off brand ones (paid $114 shipped). It's raining here all day today, so didn't get to take any fun corners yet, but it gets rid of the hopping around when you hit a manhole cover or go over rr tracks. I'll report back with a full review once I've had it on a while.

Well in the last few weeks I installed my CNT racing exhaust, my eibach pro kit and put on new wheels. I actually was in the middle plasti dipping my emblems when my wheels showed up. Needless to say I might have to redo them because they were still a little wet when I left the house. Now I have a few dead bugs stuck on my front emblem.

Attachments

Very nice looking. ?
I see black is the new chrome in wheels. Even the OEM are now selling black rims on cars.
Im not fond of it but your rim selection is sweet and right on from a performance stand point. Just keep them clean inside and out to maintain the hot looks. ??

Very nice looking. ?
I see black is the new chrome in wheels. Even the OEM are now selling black rims on cars.
Im not fond of it but your rim selection is sweet and right on from a performance stand point. Just keep them clean inside and out to maintain the hot looks. ??
Thanks. They are called chromium black. In the sun they look more like a gunmetal grey. But at some angles they look black.

My rear passenger side brake just suddenly started to make a noise. It was strange, because I checked the brakepads just a few months ago and they were fine. When I took it apart the caliper was full of crap, oily dirt etc.. I took the pads out and wire brushed the caliper in where the pads go. Also the lower sliding pin bolt was kinda loose, came off too easy. In the light of this, I'm gonna inspect all of them soon. I just bought this tool to do the heavy part of the work....it's really a workhorse.

14,281 - 14,300 of 15,611 Posts