Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14301 - 14320 of 14333 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
interesting, sounds like you may have a fluid leak at either the hose or the brake piston.

also, you don't need that bad boy to do your brakes lol

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I had to torch a 36mm honda axle nut for a minute after my dewalt wouldn't go anywhere and breaking my breaker bar. More tools is always the answer (also torque multiplier)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
yes, but for a 14mm bolt? lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered some Rally Armour mudguards and scheduled my car at the tint shop.
I should get the mudguards in tomorrow and get them installed pretty quickly, I hate not having anything there and letting fling get on my paint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, thanks to this forum I installed an HKS BOV an M&S grill and changed my oil today. It only took me about 5 hours to do all 3. Changing the grill took the longest and it was not fun. But all in all the BOV sounds awesome and the grill looks good. A little gap issue but you have to get close to see it. I notice it because stuff like that bugs the crap out of me. When I’m up for it I might take off the bumper and try and re adjust the grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally got my downpipe from 845. Had it installed today at a shop. There was no way I was going to tackle that job. It took 3 hours because of course the bolts were seized. But they finally got it and it sounds awesome and you can definitely feel the power increase. No cel either. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
-Used but looks brand new head
-Used IC replacement for my one that has 119k miles on that's been through an accident
-New G4FJ gasket kit for hg replacement
-New redline MT-85 for the DCT
-New OEM oil filter
-New Amazon Basics 0w20 (first time using)
-New Archoil AR6200 Fuel Treatment
-Acetone to clean the used IC
-New AMSOIL HD Coolant
-Hy-per Cool coolant additive
-New CERMA Engine Treatment
-New Napa Balkamp 160° tstat (p/n 6476665692)
-New Stant Racing Rad Cap 24psi rating (p/n 10362)
-Distilled water

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well it's not a VT but will be an AT (Accent Turbo) soon enough. ?

I installed and wired up my ChaseBays windshield washer fluid tank and removed the factory bulky unit to make more space under the hood.
This unit works great and looks great too.
A2FE6617-1A2B-4997-A4B0-594DF5395BB6.jpeg EC6278AC-94DD-4A6B-8961-0736BE5136BB.jpeg

I also got around to installing my Setrab 19 row oil cooler with integral pull through fan in exactly the spot I wanted. So now I still have room under the factory crash bar for the eventual fmic.
19DF5E2D-4891-4953-9A0A-712C9397D2DF.jpeg 205F8AEE-21D0-4F91-A7B9-A6812B5050B7.jpeg

00BDD2FF-47B4-4FB1-A51F-3E1A55CC5F3A.jpeg

I'm pretty happy with the setup and I'll be doing all the plumbing once my Accusump pre-Oiler comes in and I'll also install the KDMTuners billet/ baffled oil pan too. ??

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Little late on this but picked up a 13 manual with a blown engine that's going to get some TLC to go for 500-700 whp area.

·
Registered
2013 VT, Manual
67 Posts
Did the muffler delete today. Tried to do an electric exhaust cutoff but I couldn't get it to fit anywhere. Maybe the other type of electric motor would fit better bc this one sure didnt:

Sounds nice and loud. Very gurgely.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Do not use that cutout as it will not last long or anything covered when it does stop working. Get a QTP cutout if you can find a way to make one fit.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
6 years and 2 months I've had this bad boy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed a prosport premium evo boost gauge today. Wasn’t to bad to do. I think it came out alright. Wasn’t sure where to put it though. Switched it around a few times to different areas. But I think the spot I have it in now is good. Out of the way and easy to see. I test drove the car and topped out at 19lbs. Is that normal?

·
Registered
145 Posts
How do you have that mounted to your dash?
Are you using double sided sticky tape or mounted with screws?
Looks good. ?
Any pictures of where you ran and how you ran your wires?
Thanks. ?

14301 - 14320 of 14333 Posts