Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14321 - 14333 of 14333 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do you have that mounted to your dash?
Are you using double sided sticky tape or mounted with screws?
Looks good. ?
Any pictures of where you ran and how you ran your wires?
Thanks. ?
Im using a heavy duty double sided tape. I cleaned the area real good with a degreased before I placed it. Hopefully it holds. I live off a pretty bumpy road and it seems to be holding. I have the wires running straight down and tucked trough right below the steering wheel. You can see where they run down on the middle pic. I can take some more pics tomorrow but it was easy. Two power wires using fuse taps. One plugged into constant power (dome light) and one in accessory ( cigarette lighter) and a ground. I used a tee connector to tap into the line going to the throttle body and that was it. That gauge makes it easy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the info. Looks great and I'm always looking ideas on my current build.
I thought about using strong double sided tape too so it's good to know this may work.
Thanks again. ???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the info. Looks great and I'm always looking ideas on my current build.
I thought about using strong double sided tape too so it's good to know this may work.
Thanks again. ???
I will update you on how the tape holds up after the sun beats on it for a while. Basically the to red wires are the power and the yellow wire is the ground. That’s it for the wiring. Everything else is on a wiring harness that plugs into the gauge. Tapped into the throttle body hose and ran that to a boost vacuum sensor under the dash and a wiring harness that goes to the gauge.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great posts on everything and again, thanks.
I'll be getting started with my gauges when I get home.
Im still undecided on hard mounting to my A pillar or on the gauge cluster cover. Decisions will be made when I'm home and your post gave me some ideas I can work with. ?

OK, back to the thread. ????‍♂

·
Registered
27 Posts
not exactly today, but I ordered a Borla axle back for my 2020 RSpec. It comes in tomorrow. I have no major complaints about the stock exhaust, but you can hear how much potential is being snuffed out with the huge briefcase muffler, so I’m hoping the Borla lets some of that lose, so to speak.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
@16VT it's about time to replace that vac line on top of the TB, the one with the check valve in it...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hit a weird bag of chalk of something on the road, tore up a good bit of plastic, and wound up with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Meh, it was a really weird deal that happened. Oh, and the 19x8” +55 Performance Package wheel with the stock Pirelli is a 52 pound combination. That needs to be remedied...

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Not a problem. There are combinations available to drop 15-20 lbs per corner. I like the N's on some light 18's and a 245-255 width tire. That's what they need.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, I know. It’s what I did with the TSW Genevas on the R-Spec. Thinking of Advans now.

14321 - 14333 of 14333 Posts