Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14361 - 14380 of 14428 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have IG but have not posted before on there yet. Have FB and post there all the time. Not much on any build anywhere yet though.

The dilemma right now is mostly going hood exit exhaust or not.....
Hood exit like a stack or flush/near flush? If you're fully built and running 400+ whp then you can run whatever you please. No sense in being modest at that point. Pros would include added safety features like being able to monitor the exhaust for abnormalities. And also fireballs. Although, I still wouldn't do a full stack. :ROFLMAO:

Have you considered a flush fender exit exhaust? That's kind of the middle ground between normal and hood exit.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Ya maybe a little past fully built and shooting for 800-1000 area. Hood exit as in flush. Thinking hood exit safer for more down force on the front tires for traction! ;-)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ya maybe a little past fully built and shooting for 800-1000 area. Hood exit as in flush. Thinking hood exit safer for more down force on the front tires for traction! ;-)
800-1000? WAT!?!?
Dude you're right. You have to do a hood exit exhaust or you will break those tires free all day!

Now, tell us your mad scientist plans to make that much power.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
11:1 compression ratio, 1,718 cc, 8k rpm, 2 turbos, 40+ psi, E85 fuel, methanol port injection 6 nozzles, extra fuel injectors, best flowing bolt ons you could imagine, a ton of tuning, and much more.....

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
276 Posts
11:1 compression ratio, 1,718 cc, 8k rpm, 2 turbos, 40+ psi, E85 fuel, methanol port injection 6 nozzles, extra fuel injectors, best flowing bolt ons you could imagine, a ton of tuning, and much more.....
You are my hero. 😍🙏🏽😂😉
Too bad I do t do FedBook to follow your build. 😔
Please start a build thread. 👍🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Testing the dual nozzle water injection setup properly with the OEM intercooler. Log of cruise at mostly 60 mph highway then a couple back to back 40+ mph roll runs vs a 300+ whp civic. VT took the W :)

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Still working on the stupid Kia. I’ve rebuilt like 90% of this POS. Replaced the engine with a bigger one from a newer Kia, full gasket and belt service and a New clutch. Refresh torsion rods/arms. New brakes up front and studded the hubs. New shocks and H&r springs. New steering box and arms. Refresh interior from a newer Kia. Dual deck with pioneer speakers, all correct with solder/wrap and completely removable. It needs new lines from the prop valve back I looped them years ago to get it home and the stupid ford wheel bearings are terrible to replace.

I didn’t fuck up the fuel lines so onto brakes next. I practiced with the small lines so I can make sure my flares for the long lines are good. After a few tries and cries, I have 2 decent bubble flare lines. I did the rubber line for placement but I’m not going to do the rest of the gear until the long lines are done and the car is back on the ground.

Worlds worst project car but the VT will probably blow up at some point :)

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
276 Posts
I remember doing the abs delete in the Z24 and had to flare the lines to fit a different but simpler brake reservoir.
Not only did I have to flare the lines but still and tap two of the 4 connections to make it all work. And work it did. 😍👍
Hard lines are the hardest to do but when their done and you did the work it's quite rewarding. 😁

Nice work @RPW00Mirage you done there.
Quite the pain in the butt, no? 😂😳

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Water injection testing today during some cruising. Not bad results on water only and two small nozzles totaling ~130 cc/min. She makes power all the way to the top of 5th as well I'd say.....

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
I remember doing the abs delete in the Z24 and had to flare the lines to fit a different but simpler brake reservoir.
Not only did I have to flare the lines but still and tap two of the 4 connections to make it all work. And work it did. 😍👍
Hard lines are the hardest to do but when their done and you did the work it's quite rewarding. 😁

Nice work @RPW00Mirage you done there.
Quite the pain in the butt, no? 😂😳
It would be faster to pull and replace the motor again haha

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Much more than 14°F total iat drop on water. 30°F-40°F iat drop is typical for me on water only. Using methanol the timing advance will be a little higher due to lower iat and higher octane but not much since I run E85 all the time and it gives 0 F's about iats and boost like 93 pump does. Keep in mind the car is making 260+ load to redline whereas a stock VT makes ~100 lower at redline. So power and cylinder pressure are drastically different already yet making the same or more ignition timing than a stock tune VT on 93.

·
Registered
69 Posts

sprayed the bolt with the 10 on it last night with liquid wrench, sprayed some more 10 minutes ago still can’t break it loose . Trying to install the lower mount bushings but this one bolt isn’t budging.
Any help ?

14361 - 14380 of 14428 Posts