Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14401 - 14420 of 14428 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
After 5 1/2 months I finally got my carbon fiber spoiler. Well worth the wait. I love it. Had to do a little shaving to fit all the bolts but other than that it actually fits really well.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Be sure you have something around all the holes in the hatch to keep water out.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The neglect... :(

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
16VT, yes, some type of good silicone gasket maker is what most use.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I've been working for 2 months str8 at a hospital living out of a nice hotel & havent been driving at all which is why my car was so dirty at my condo.

Luckily my mom was able to come from out of town and wash my little rocket pocket & tow it to her house which is closer to the mechanic that is going to replace my blown turbo.

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Just be careful when backing into spots or over speed bumps. When I had my lower diffuser on, I had to cut it around my trailer hitch. It worked great as I hit the hitch on a few things when the car was lowered, saving the fiberglass pieces.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just be careful when backing into spots or over speed bumps. When I had my lower diffuser on, I had to cut it around my trailer hitch. It worked great as I hit the hitch on a few things when the car was lowered, saving the fiberglass pieces.
Yes. I have to remember that. I like to back into parking spots. Also that’s why I never bought a front splitter because it is lowered and I scrape the front end when I pull into a spot a little to far. Although I want one.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Just ordered two sets of tires/wheels for the two VT's. 255/45ZR17 tires on 15 lb wheels for street. Then for strip same 15 lb wheels up front and skinny for the rear. Tire for the fronts will be 245/45R17 drag radial to keep things street legal. 26" skinny out back.

Also some other weight saving in the works for both VT's.

NGK R2556G-9 and R2556G-10 plugs on hand for the built engine. Looking into upgrading to GTR R35 coils but undecided on that at the moment.

A big boi intercooler to be made soon as well as finishing up some things to hook up the 6 nozzle water/meth injection kit.

And some other secrets I may or may not share later.....

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Ok.....
I may be going to larger GDi injectors and an additional HPFP instead of auxiliary fueling. Still undecided yet as trying to sort out the tuning aspects and pros/cons for each.

Both cars getting some carbon fiber, lexan, light batteries, and racing seats.

There, will that suffice for a little while? :)

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
276 Posts
Ok.....
I may be going to larger GDi injectors and an additional HPFP instead of auxiliary fueling. Still undecided yet as trying to sort out the tuning aspects and pros/cons for each.

Both cars getting some carbon fiber, lexan, light batteries, and racing seats.

There, will that suffice for a little while? :)
So you went through all the expense of intake manifold ports and not going to use them?
I actually liked the idea and would've thought your methanol setup would utilize these ports for iat cooling as noted in your previous posts.

This will be an awesome build though and can't wait to see more progress on what's being done.

You going to start a build thread? 👍

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
So word on the street is even with larger injectors and 2 HPFP's it still may only support 700 whp area on E85 and shy of 1k whp on race gas. So auxiliary fueling will not be slated but rather pushed back until I actually need it if going this route. Still business as usual to test the KDM tuners manifold and making my own. Also going to use the 6 nozzle methanol setup regardless for iat cooling and additional fueling. I have 2 VT so plenty to do. ;-)

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
276 Posts
Mississippi is still living in the Stone Age as they still done have E85 anywhere I've looked.

When you said you'd build your own manifold are you referring to your OEM plastic manifold and modifying it?
Again curiosity has this cat and sorry to derail the thread. 🤷🏼‍♂️

14401 - 14420 of 14428 Posts