Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14421 - 14440 of 14483 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Ah yes, also got a bunch of VT1 hot pipes and couplers in today. Can't remember how many but 40+ for sure. Here are 9 of the pipes.....

2" OD .049" wall with 6" CLR bends and bead rolled ends. Best flow and cooling without adding the weight! ;-)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Have a few kits I just made for a Veloster Turbo.

(Short hose)Coolant bypass kit of the intake manifold and throttle body. This bypasses coolant from both intake manifold and throttle body to clean up that loop in the system and decrease the potential coolant leak points from 6 to 2. A must for throttle body upgrades. $15 Includes the hose and 2 clamps shipped in the US.

(Mid length hose)PCV to breather VTA conversion kit. This hose converts the PCV side to a breather which is VTA. This keeps 100% of crank case vapors while the engine is in boost or vacuum from going back through the engine and lowers crank case pressure. $40 Consists of a screw in fitting for the valve cover, hose, a mesh screen on the one end, plug for the PCV hose to intake manifold, and 3 clamps, shipped in the US.

(Long hose)Breather VTA hose kit. This hose converts the breather to VTA. This keeps 100% of crank case vapors while the engine is in boost or vacuum from going back through the engine and lowers crank case pressure. $20 Consists of hose, mesh screen on one end, cap for intake barb, and 2 clamps, shipped in the US.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Yesterday I looted ;-) some VT items from the late -X- house and some other cool parts I'm in process of making for the community! Still have more things to go back and get that would not fit into the car. Near 400 miles on the road wore me out yesterday but I did manage 29 mpg on E85!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yesterday I looted ;-) some VT items from the late -X- house and some other cool parts I'm in process of making for the community! Still have more things to go back and get that would not fit into the car. Near 400 miles on the road wore me out yesterday but I did manage 29 mpg on E85! View attachment 105200
What a blessing. Is that turbo i see?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Had to order some tires and wheels again today as my last order was not processed due to some technical issues in computer system. No biggie as it went through this time. Once that comes in going to mount balance 2 sets of tires/wheels, street and track setup. Also going to install the DGR coilovers on the 13 before the car goes to KDM tuners end of this month for heart surgery. :)

Also getting ready to order larger GDI injectors and HPFP to support 600+ whp without need for auxiliary fueling.

Not sure if I mentioned yet but also ordered KDM tuners turbo kit and G30-660 turbo.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
317 Posts
What spring rates did you get for the DGR setup? You going to change the setup as you go from street to track?
Just curious.

You running the same rim sizing for both street and track?
Drag strip or road course or both? 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
Awesome build. 😍👍

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Race/track DGR coilovers. I want to say they're 8k/6k. Will keep the same suspension on for street but different tire/wheel setup and dampening changes.

17" street/road course/auto X and 17" front with 15" rear for strip.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Got notice that tires and wheels will be delivered tomorrow.

Modded another guy VT by removing the weather strip in the bay, modified the OEM airbox to make more power, converted BPV to BOV, and a cleaned up OEM tune. Car picked up a little power and safety on OEM boost levels.

Doing maintenance on the 15 VT in prep for import Face-Off on 6/7/20. Also working on some fine tuning to be sure it runs good in this hot weather.

Hope to show everyone some new VT records come 6/7/20! Videos and time slips to come..... ;-)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
More prep to the 15 auto today. Added some redneck quick-ish releases for less than $2.

Also still sorting out the HPFP and larger injectors. Cams and fuel line has also became an option that's on the table.

255/45R17 tires came in and some skinny wheels for the rear. Just waiting on the drag tires and street wheels to show up.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Got the iat sorted for tomorrow with the less than ideal conditions expected. Did a boost launch stage and took it to top of second gear at 49 mph still spinning at 85%-90% of the power I'll be running tomorrow. Not bad for water only with a 1.5 pro methanol nozzle. Will be running a 3.0 pro methanol nozzle tomorrow with a 50/50 mix.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Finished 15 auto VT prep for Import Face-Off Rockingham tomorrow. Took some videos I posted in a few groups on FB of idle and brake boost for a launch. The iat cooling for brake boosting is working well and the turbo noises are very audible with my intake and 3" catless downpipe dumped under car!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Only made one pass at import Face-Off the other day and it was a sandbagging pass(R lane). Looks like I'll run 1/4 mile at less busy events to actually get some good passes in.

Also have some drag tires on the way to go on the drag wheels which will be here soon as well. I may do some 1/8 mile TNT to tease what this 15 auto can do before I go back to the 1/4 mile in July.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
317 Posts
I take it the guy in the left lane was n/a as his top end fell off or he got off the gas. 🤷🏼‍♂️
You look like you were either spinning tires or were easy on the launch. 🤨
Top end looks good and an idea of what's available for the next runs.
Cant wait to see more.
I miss being at the track every week. 😩 Good memories. 🤟

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
He was turbo but let out early.

I was only WOT 30-50 mph and 70+ mph. Refer to pink and orange lines in the datalog for throttle and mph. No spinning except for a quick burnout before the pass in the water box.

I mean it was 6-7 mph slow for the tune in the car which is not the full power tune. :)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Drag tires scheduled to be here monday 6/15.

Light weight street and drag wheels to be here around first of the week as well.

Greddy electronic boost controller arrived today.

14421 - 14440 of 14483 Posts