Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14441 - 14460 of 14483 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
They're listed at 15.55 lbs each. Using them for the street wheels and two extra for the drag radials for the front. Have light skinny wheels for the rear with a set of mickey thompson 26 x 4 x 15 front runners.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Washed and waxed her today. Also added a Blox filter to my injen intake. Barely fit. Had to do some shaving but it’s a lot bigger than the injen filter. Finally vacuumed and put in my 3D floor mats. Also installed a manzo short shifter and bushings.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
#XenonElement for LIFE!

Reactions: misnblu and trdtoy

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
317 Posts
@16VT: First, TWSS. Secondly, 7.5" diameter at the base. :)
So you don't see an issue with the 90 degree bend causing high flow problems?
I've always stayed away from 90 bends whenever possible on intakes.

I also wanted to ask what you're using for a differential In the tranny.
Stock will have one tire putting down power so how are getting all this power down without an lsd or is this a need to know type thing? 😂😉

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
A 3.5" 90° is not an issue at all for the flow of this turbo. The air speed at the 90° is roughly 1/3 that of the air speed in the turbo inlet/J-pipe near the turbo and the bend is more than 90° there. And the air speed there is high enough to cause actual restrictions which is why I'm making a replacement for that piece.

In my auto it's stock differential but adjusting the air pressure for the weight on each tire help them to pull the same. The 13 manual big power build is having some things done differently. Details on that later when I know 100% all the details on how that will be setup.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Got 2 sets of tire/wheel mounted and balanced and fit on car. Let's just say the street tires 255/45R17 on 17 x 8 +48 wheels have less than 1/4" clearance when turning! That's right, 255/10" wide 26" tall tires! The drag radials are also the same width and height but listed as a 245/45/R17! And the skinnies fit great on the back as well.

Pics later when it stops raining.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Clean and sanded the grounds at the negative battery, ground from turbo inlet to strut tower, grounds below coolant res. also removed resonator in the airbox. what a totally diff sound. i can hear the air going in and the turbo spooling. to me it sounds like a snake hissing. I decide on putting the pipe from the Bpv back onto the intake. didn't really notice any difference with lag. I like having it off and hearing the pppsssshhhh.
So with all the resonators removed in the airbox and hot pipe, the car sounds louder when in boost. I love it. oh yeah also when I cleaned the neg battery I unplugged the neg from the battery. Seems to me that it idles better and pulls better too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tried 3 different springs and 2 different shocks (lots of work removing/replacing the damn things but I'm good at it now). Godspeed (cheap but ok), Eibach and OEM and comparing the ride on the same roads. I have a set of 2015 OEM springs coming, that's next. Basically I can put the struts together with all the hardware before I remove the ones on the car, and I put them together before I start jacking up my car.
ANYWAY, for whom who care :
1 OEM springs (2013) + OEM struts (2013)- Not much to like about them, they are ok as every day thing and to save money, but after trying other springs and struts, they are outmatched.

2. OEM springs(2013) +KYB struts . This is somewhat better, my butt-measure is telling me, that the KYB struts (*and top mounts) are doing a much better job dampening the potholes and bumps. The strut mounts aren't looking high quality though..I think the OEMs made better, but they fit ok, so whatever.

3. Godspeed springs (lowering springs) + KYB struts - More maneuverable definetely and makes it somewhat a rougher ride (surprise).I would say it's still better than the full OEM (2013) setup, but it doesn't make me happy. The car is lower, but I'm not feeling it.

4. Eibach Pro springs+ OEM struts (new) - My current setup. I like these springs but it's too much of a drop. I am getting a slight rub, with my 225/45/R17s.
These springs actually dampen the rough roads better than Godspeed, while they drop the car lower. I call that quality workmanship. On good roads, the car feels great. I would stick with this setup if it wasn't for shtty roads and probably get 215/45s to gain a fraction of an inch space. These springs offer the best manoeuvring so far, it takes care of the smaller road imperfections, but the bigger bumps on the road are barely dampened, I feel like I'm hitting curb over a bubbled up crack across the road, I fear for my wheels gonna crack. New England sux balls with their lack of road maintenance there are some roads here I wouldn't enter anything less than a battle tank.
5. I will be putting together the KYB struts + OEM springs (2015) as soon as the springs arrive and see how that's gonna work out.
Only if the Eibach would be about 1/3" higher , I wouldn't bother touching the suspension again..
p.s Also the Eibachs drop too much in the rear, even more than the front, so while others don't notice, I do and it looks ugly, look like I'm carrying bricks in the back.
I know, I'm picky AF, but I still havent' spent more than like $700 for all these extras, others spend that much on a phone or even more.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Got tial 44 mm WG in for a custom stuffed turbo build for my 15 auto VT. Will be installed along with studs after the car makes a 12 second pass in the 1/4.

Got details of exhaust manifold for the big power 13 VT manual build. G30-660 .61 turbo, 1.25" sch 40 piping runner's, 38 mm tial wastegate, cnc merge collector, ceramic coated. Should be made in the next week. This is just a starter turbo to work some kinks out before pushing the engine to it's 1k whp potential later.

Also expecting delivery of CF hood and hatch for the 13 VT. Will be making lexan window for it to save more weight.

Installing tires/wheels, and dgr coilovers on the 13 VT in the morning in prep for shipping it to KDM tuners for the build.

14441 - 14460 of 14483 Posts