Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14481 - 14500 of 14519 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
This past weekend was the scca time trial nationals tour at tsmp and I won sport 5 by a large margin! Took home a shiny gold medal.

F2E84A01-EFE3-42AD-8B9A-E468DE3BFE45.png
3455B094-1B4A-490F-970E-9936F081DC87.jpeg
4019772E-BC35-46B7-BD60-F62A22413135.jpeg

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thought this was pretty cool, hit me in the feels!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Dropped off both CF hatches for lexan. Picked up some more 3D printed VT cold pipes with built in meth bungs. Also have some pieces needed to complete the new turbo inlet design. Will post pics later :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Drained the oil again, noticed an oil leak around the oil filter. Nothing serious, but I was betting on the oil cooler come loose again. (last time it got loose while removing a filter that would not wanted to come off for nothing)
Fortunately the cooler is fine, it's the crap oil filter (Fram), but I was prepared and had an extra OEM Hyundai filter. This was the last time I'm using aftermarket filter. Also just about 1000 miles on the oil and it was black, so given the fact that I had to drain the oil, I replaced it with new. Also added a catch can (I had it for nearly a year now, but I had no way to put the damn thing on, until finally made a piece of metal, drilled it and attached it to the passenger strut tower the same spot where the ground cable is attached. I just don't get it how the oil gets so black so quickly, I'm not beating on it, it's a commuter.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
357 Posts
Drained the oil again, noticed an oil leak around the oil filter. Nothing serious, but I was betting on the oil cooler come loose again. (last time it got loose while removing a filter that would not wanted to come off for nothing)
Fortunately the cooler is fine, it's the crap oil filter (Fram), but I was prepared and had an extra OEM Hyundai filter. This was the last time I'm using aftermarket filter. Also just about 1000 miles on the oil and it was black, so given the fact that I had to drain the oil, I replaced it with new. Also added a catch can (I had it for nearly a year now, but I had no way to put the damn thing on, until finally made a piece of metal, drilled it and attached it to the passenger strut tower the same spot where the ground cable is attached. I just don't get it how the oil gets so black so quickly, I'm not beating on it, it's a commuter.
Maybe you should run it hard to cough up all the excess carbon that builds from not running it hard.
Onramps are perfect for this with full throttle shifts to speed and some redlining of the engine.
You'd be surprised how much carbon you'll blow out of your tail pipe.

Catch can will help a bunch. 👍
Use the best gas you can afford with minimum 91 octane and 93 preferred.
Id also add a bottle of either Techron or Seafoam to the gas tank once or twice a month depending on how much you drive your car.

Lastly I'd recommend good full synthetic oil for the engine.
Good luck and have some fun with the car. 😎

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Just had VT die on the road 10 miles from the house and was able to self diagnose the issue in a few minutes. Not even mad. Could have happened much farther away and been much hotter out.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Got the car tow back home this morning for $60 so waiting on fuel pump to get here.

Tested the big OEM replacement intercooler on a 19 Veloster Turbo manual today on the street. I was impressed how it performed on the OEM tune in the car.

With the bigger intercooler it allowed the car to not spike boost as high upon WOT, required less boost up top for similar load values, and allowed the car to make much more ignition timing.

The car did feel quicker during the WOT pulls and looking at the datalog it had to be from the extra ignition timing allowed.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
You could go custom or buy off the shelf and modify. Either way will be cool in the end.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
New calipers, redstuff pads, cheap rotors and sunsong oem lines. This weekend

Also scored these! 17x7.5 +45 gonna use them for the winter then mount wide Re71r on them for next season.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
My VT stable thus far

The 15 auto VT lurking in the shadows going to see some body shop time 8/10 for 5 days of much needed TLC just before RVD5. The 13 VT manual should be shipped for the heart transplant around the same time as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
back brakes now

Reactions: misnblu
14481 - 14500 of 14519 Posts