Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14501 - 14519 of 14519 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, finally got my SXTH FMIC. Installed it the other day. Took me about 5 hours. Just took my time to make sure everything was right and tight. Had a little issue with the c-clamp on the bov. Couldn’t get it to sit properly. That being said the kit is awesome with no fitment issues at all. High quality with beautiful welds. There are cheaper ones out there but I’m glad I spent the extra money for this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks good
Thanks, maybe an AEM meth kit next week. I know you’ll like that decision. While I have you. The shop I talked to about doing the install they said they will tap into the cold pipe. I’m not a big fan of drilling into my new pipes but where would they do that? In between the throttle body and the bov?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Thanks, maybe an AEM meth kit next week. I know you’ll like that decision. While I have you. The shop I talked to about doing the install they said they will tap into the cold pipe. I’m not a big fan of drilling into my new pipes but where would they do that? In between the throttle body and the bov?
They would have to drill a hole just after the BOV in the cold pipe and weld a bung for best results. Or can be done in a TB spacer which I have as well. Do not buy the AEM or any other universal kit as it's not that great as-is.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
For example the AEM kit does not include a solenoid or filter. These are crucial parts that should be included. The solenoid is crucial so the nozzle does not leak into the engine at times not commanded to have fluid injected. The filter is so the nozzle does not become clogged over time and get the proper fluid supplied to them.

Also the nozzles are not sized ideally for most VT. Due to nozzle size variations in the kit you have to pick one and adjust pump pressure and/or controller settings for best results. Doing this lowers duty cycle or pump pressure which takes away fro efficiency and atomization from the nozzle. They also do not atomize the fluid as good as some others to start with.

The nozzle holder with built in check valve is known to fail and is not as robust as others available either. I've seen this first hand and you can easily find this across the web as well.

If you need more info let me know.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
This is intake air and ambient air temperature ranges after 30 minutes driving on the highway at 60 mph on 50/50 mix 135 cc/min nozzle in a TB spacer with OEM intercooler.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
ready for a sricker

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those of us who do not have build threads or a place to show what we've recently done to our VT.

I do not have any juicy pics to start things off but I did receive my Quik valve drain plug, and I just ordered some BTJetman rear reflector mesh inserts. Looking to get me some black eye line covers next.
Put the isr exhaust on today

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
Konis came in got the rear done.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Got DW300C fuel pump in mail for my 15 auto that went out. So it's going under the knife soon for mods in and out. Should be out of the shop in a couple weeks.

The silver 13 VT big power build will be shipped to CA soon. Just got word the components for the engine are almost ready for assembly. Also the turbo kit is almost done at the coater.

The black 13 VT manual still in the driveway waiting for some TLC. It will wait a bit while I work on the other two.

Also purchased a pristine low mileage 16 explorer sport with the 3.5TT EcoBoost engine in it. Better than having 4 VT's..........I think! Hahaha!

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
How do you have them adjusted?
I've got mine at full soft. Feels good but I wonder if a little firmer might be better.
50% each right now. I have the magic ugga dugga in the car if I need to adjust them at the event Saturday. Only the rears for now. Waiting for new hardware up front.

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
Reactions: Lephoenix

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
As the young kids say they thicc!
.52 Kg each made from 300M

14501 - 14519 of 14519 Posts