Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14541 - 14560 of 14617 Posts

Β·
Registered
2020 Chalk white Turbo Ultimate
9 Posts
I like it, I don't have any experience with any other bov's. Its loud if you drive aggressive and quiet if you drive normal.. its not at all obnoxious either. Its not too hard to put on. I did it in a Walmart parking lot, just removed the airbox.

Β·
Registered
25 Posts
You missed a spot. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ
Looks good man and live that blue color. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ€Ÿ
I missed more than a few lol! I had to wait so long for my Chemical Guys order that she got preeeety dirty. Though I shouldn't have waited ubtil I ran out until I ordered more. I know better.

Β·
Registered
25 Posts
I did a 2nd thing today as well and ordered a rear torsion bar from Pierce. Catch can is next even though that probably should have been first. Are they actually as easy to install as YouTube videos show?

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🀫
413 Posts
I did a 2nd thing today as well and ordered a rear torsion bar from Pierce. Catch can is next even though that probably should have been first. Are they actually as easy to install as YouTube videos show?
Quite easy and I have a YouTube video up showing how to route and how to differentiate the clean air side and also the pcv to the catch can.

I just emptied all three of mine and the pcv side was 1/3 full, the fresh air side had a teaspoon, and the oil cap catch can had a couple of drops.
All that (1500 miles or so) would've gone into the intake manifold were it not for the cans. 🀟

Good luck.

Β·
Registered
179 Posts
Quite easy and I have a YouTube video up showing how to route and how to differentiate the clean air side and also the pcv to the catch can.

I just emptied all three of mine and the pcv side was 1/3 full, the fresh air side had a teaspoon, and the oil cap catch can had a couple of drops.
All that (1500 miles or so) would've gone into the intake manifold were it not for the cans. 🀟

Good luck.
Have you noticed less out of the pcv side since installing the oil cap catch can?

Β·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🀫
413 Posts
Have you noticed less out of the pcv side since installing the oil cap catch can?
No. It was more full than expected and glad I emptied it when I did. I emptied all three last time I was home just to make sure and it was a good thing to do.
So about every 1000-1500 miles I'll be emptying the cans.
Even with all of them going vent to air they're doing their job keeping it all out of the intake tract.

Even on the motorcycle I bought I'm hearing of people routing their crankcase air through the reed valves so the exhaust can suck it out and keep the air box clean as well the the carbs. πŸ‘

Β·
Registered
2020 Veloster Turbo Ultimate
26 Posts

Bought some new shoes for when I’m racing around in the Veloster! The 24hr LeMans slate matches my velosters sonic silver! I think they need red laces...

Β·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT Γ— 2
3,889 Posts
Took a drive in the 15 VT today to hopefully have a little fun to "clean the pipes out" but only made .3 psi max. :-( To make it better no codes no boost leaks. Guess I'll be ripping it apart here soon.....

Β·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Took a drive in the 15 VT today to hopefully have a little fun to "clean the pipes out" but only made .3 psi max. :-( To make it better no codes no boost leaks. Guess I'll be ripping it apart here soon.....
Damnnn :/

Β·
Registered
2020 Veloster Turbo Ultimate
26 Posts

Ordered these iJDMTOY paddle shifter extensions. They suck...

Bought them because I liked the idea of a clamp style vs 3M sticky style...Aluminum seemed to be heavy duty...

Firstly, the extensions tops are too narrow. They have two small curves keeping the shifter paddle from inserting all the way to the extensions top like in the advertised picture.
Secondly, the paddle shifters are curved and the extensions are not. This keeps the bottom of the aluminum extension not to be able to hook properly to the paddle.

Don’t buy these they don’t fit. Hope I can get my money back.

Β·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT Γ— 2
3,889 Posts
May not even be made for the car. I know the gen 1 VT paddles changed during production so not all were made the same.

14541 - 14560 of 14617 Posts