Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14561 - 14580 of 14617 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,292 Posts
Rspec springs on the rear now, tomorrow the front and koni inserts with new hats.
The markings are different on the springs so hoping for the best lol

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
3,889 Posts
15 auto VT back to running normal again. This is the daily driving tune in it now that does 240+ whp without the water/meth injection on.

Street car takeover is this Saturday with forecasted ambient 48-68°F. Pulling out the drag radials and skinnies to mount on the car to break them in to get ready for that event. Then end of October will be import Face-Off.

I feel a 12 second pass coming in October that'll set quite a few records..... :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Street car takeover is this Saturday with forecasted ambient 48-68°F. Pulling out the drag radials and skinnies to mount on the car to break them in to get ready for that event. Then end of October will be import Face-Off.

I feel a 12 second pass coming in October that'll set quite a few records..... :)
Is that the one out at The Rock?

·
Super Moderator
3,292 Posts

fronts with RSPEC springs

Reactions: sonic_velo.turbo

·
Registered
3,889 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well folks, I officially have a 12 second VT in the 1/4 mile on stock turbo, stock intercooler, stock engine. I'll wait to post slips until after this second pass I make in cool air here in a bit. :)
#Winning

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Well second pass last night in cool air on the same mild DD tune did not go well. Track went away and would not hold a hard launch. Also had fuel cut from possibly having an oem fuel pump in the car. On a sending unit from the 13 VT just to get the car running again.

Here are pictures of the car and time slip for the one pass I did get in. Easy launch and some fuel cut on this pass but not bad.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
413 Posts
Well second pass last night in cool air on the same mild DD tune did not go well. Track went away and would not hold a hard launch. Also had fuel cut from possibly having an oem fuel pump in the car. On a sending unit from the 13 VT just to get the car running again.

Here are pictures of the car and time slip for the one pass I did get in. Easy launch and some fuel cut on this pass but not bad.
View attachment 105754
View attachment 105755 View attachment 105756 View attachment 105757 View attachment 105758
This is the automatic VT you're running at the strip?
Just curious as I'm in the process of running mine at either the eighth mile or 1320 next time I'm home. 🤞
I was going to go 12 days ago but it rained 4 out of 6 days I was home so it didnt work with my plans to run the car. 😞🤦‍♂️
Btw it'll be my first time at the strip with a manual transmission so....... 😳😜
Nice times for sure. 🤟

·
Registered
179 Posts

How hard are you launching? Any concern about breaking any driveline bits?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
How hard are you launching? Any concern about breaking any driveline bits?
The 12.989 pass I was -.6 psi which was an easy launch. The pass I tried to make later was on 3.5 psi and it spun. I can launch it harder if the brakes will hold it. No worries on the driveline here. If I had a manual car launching on 2 step with a sticky tire then yes I'd be concerned

14561 - 14580 of 14617 Posts