Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14701 - 14720 of 14748 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Used some of my GME money and ordered the Sixth Element E3 lower motor mount, Boomba Stage 1 and Stage 2 catch can, and Motul oil for my next oil change. Trying to make my car last as long as possible while still being a fun drive and not driving it like a soccer mom.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why waste all that $ on catch cans and that lower mount?
I'm not adding an intake or modding it heavily, my philosophy with my car is to just improve upon things that should be better from the factory. The lower mount moves a TON, so I'm eliminating that and wear on the upper mounts. Every GDI should have a catch can system so I went with a good one to prevent build up on the valves. Simply doing what I can to improve longevity while not changing the fundamentals of the system.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,447 Posts
Not a waste of $ but not spent efficiently to get the same or better results otherwise :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Convert the breather and PCV to VTA that vents under the car. Will require 0 maintenance and 0 vapor going back through the engine unlike any can setup. Or use breather can for both sides after converting the pcv side. This will require some maintenance but allow 0 vapor back to the engine. Any option here is cheaper and more effective than most typical setups.

Install better inserts in the oem lower engine mount or use a spacer with the oem inserts. Both cheaper than aftermarket mount and better than the oem configuration.

With the ~$600 saved you can easily buy more things for safety/longevity/maintenance etc

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Convert the breather and PCV to VTA that vents under the car. Will require 0 maintenance and 0 vapor going back through the engine unlike any can setup. Or use breather can for both sides after converting the pcv side. This will require some maintenance but allow 0 vapor back to the engine. Any option here is cheaper and more effective than most typical setups.

Install better inserts in the oem lower engine mount or use a spacer with the oem inserts. Both cheaper than aftermarket mount and better than the oem configuration.

With the ~$600 saved you can easily buy more things for safety/longevity/maintenance etc
"YeAh....i'M NoT gOiNg tO VeNt ThAt SyStEm tO aTmOsPhErE LoL" [email protected]

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
448 Posts
What would you suggest instead? None of this stuff is installed yet, hell it hasn't even shipped yet, so I'm open to suggestions fully.
This is what 1500 miles looks like on my vta normally aspirated Accent.
AB180BCD-5A1B-4619-95B8-C37563C61214.jpeg

This was off the oil cap catch can, the pcv catch can was about the same amount, and the fresh air catch can had a couple of drops.

All are vented to atmosphere and think of all that going back into your intake tract and combustion chamber. 😬😳

With all that was mentioned here and a solid month of reading about the workings of the pcv system from other forums of different makes and models I came to the conclusion to vta my setup and sooooo glad I did.

I'll be doing this on my turbo motor when I'm swapped and utilizing the same setup albeit through this valve cover. 😍😜
474FE802-1922-4DC5-9C15-5EA4BBA02AEE.jpeg

An fittings mounted and powder coated candy red for the turbo motor.

Get the catch can and just vent to air. Check often and know that you're intake, intercooler, and combustion chamber will be a little cleaner. 🤟👍

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Looked like some strong coffee!

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
448 Posts
Another VTA advocate here, although it does make your ride a bit stinky.
Agree on that but it's about the same as owning a classic hot rod which has the same smell. 😂😉🤷🏼‍♂️
It's really not that bad and looking at the filters you know it's just the smell and not actual misty fumes you're inhaling.
It also lets you know you're engine is breathing well too. 👍🤟

·
Registered
53 Posts
2016 rspec,
Isr racing exhaust and just got the 845 non catted downpipe installed, monster intercooler otw before tune, btw sound amazing on that combo!!!! Just added eyelids yesterday oh and interior mods 2 weeks ago!! Lmk what ya think

14701 - 14720 of 14748 Posts