Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14841 - 14860 of 14860 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,790 Posts
Ah. Thanks for helping make sense of that chart!

So it's an improvement but it's going to suffer the same fate the further along you push. In comparison, what does the pressure drop look like in some of the current offerings? Maybe something worth 700$ if you're not chasing big numbers. But it's got hang ups.
Not worth the $700+ for this as it is far from direct bolt on for a gen 1 VT, will have decent IAT cooling, but mediocre flow gains. Flow is #1 when it comes to making power.

Flow and cooling will not be as good as many of the current offerings that are direct bolt on.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
85 Posts
Not worth the $700+ for this as it is far from direct bolt on for a gen 1 VT, will have decent IAT cooling, but mediocre flow gains. Flow is #1 when it comes to making power.

Flow and cooling will not be as good as many of the current offerings that are direct bolt on.
Didn't know it took work to fit, yeah in that case maybe not. But for 300$ or so less than anything else I think that's going to be a big point for alot of people on a stock turbo not looking to make tons of power. But I guess there's not really a reason to get it since you can get nice gains around the stock ic.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Remote tuning a FBO VT on E85 in SO FL. So far revision 1 and 2 looking good. Unreal you can get a cheap fuel from a pump that makes same or more ignition timing across the rpm with 6-7+ psi over stock than the oem tune does on 93E10 fuel.
Whats your thoughts on e15 on the stock tune? I've heard a few different things but haven't tried it. The risks seem low but so does the reward.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Working on more 1.6/1.6T parts

Light weight under drive crank pulley

View attachment 106403
How much is it underdriven? Planning on any overdrive pulleys to go with it or you don't think those should be needed?
This motor seems slow to rev and revs drop sluggishly too. I've been thinking a bit about taking another look at lighter pulleys lately. Interested to see how this turns out.

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Whats your thoughts on e15 on the stock tune? I've heard a few different things but haven't tried it. The risks seem low but so does the reward.
On stock tune when you run E fuels the power will tend to be higher in lower rpm and lower in higher rpm. For example I dyno a car on E30 that was tuned on 93E10 and power was better until it went below .77 lambda.

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
How much is it underdriven? Planning on any overdrive pulleys to go with it or you don't think those should be needed?
This motor seems slow to rev and revs drop sluggishly too. I've been thinking a bit about taking another look at lighter pulleys lately. Interested to see how this turns out.
Not sure just yet but likely in the 15-20% area. Making water pump pulleys as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
On stock tune when you run E fuels the power will tend to be higher in lower rpm and lower in higher rpm. For example I dyno a car on E30 that was tuned on 93E10 and power was better until it went below .77 lambda.
Interesting. Not sure if I would want that or not.
So whats your thoughts on the safety of e15-e30 on a stock tune?

Not sure just yet but likely in the 15-20% area. Making water pump pulleys as well.
Cool. Nothing for the alternator though?

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Interesting. Not sure if I would want that or not.
So whats your thoughts on the safety of e15-e30 on a stock tune?

Cool. Nothing for the alternator though?
E15-E30 will be safe on the oem tune for the most part but will lose power above the 5k+ rpm area depending on the E content. I say for the most part because if running higher E and it goes into cat over temperature protection fueling you could experience rich knock. The richer it is will also dilute the oil quicker. Also it will be less fuel efficient than lower E fuels. In the E30 area and higher on the oem tune you may also get a CEL due to the fuel.

May make something for the alternator as well but will not be needed for most cars running this pulley setup if they have higher than oem idle or spend little time at idle.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
464 Posts
May make something for the alternator as well but will not be needed for most cars running this pulley setup if they have higher than oem idle or spend little time at idle.
When I had my Z24 drag car I had everything under driven from the alternator, Crank, and water pump pulleys.
I never really had an issue with the cars battery losing charge unless it was night and had to use lights in stop and go traffic. I'd always check my volt gauge to make sure things were good but again never really had issues with a dead battery etc.

The benefits out weighed the cons of the under drive setup and the revs were happy to sing their tune at the track. 😍

Can't wait for this to happen. 👍🤟🤞

·
Registered
241 Posts
When I had my Z24 drag car I had everything under driven from the alternator, Crank, and water pump pulleys.
I never really had an issue with the cars battery losing charge unless it was night and had to use lights in stop and go traffic. I'd always check my volt gauge to make sure things were good but again never really had issues with a dead battery etc.

The benefits out weighed the cons of the under drive setup and the revs were happy to sing their tune at the track. 😍

Can't wait for this to happen. 👍🤟🤞
Night with headlights on, radio on, waiting at a stoplight for a long time, and having to give it some gas to keep the revs up so it doesn't die. Been there. Not my favorite place to be. But yeah, raising the idle would solve that.

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Light underdrive crank pulley vs Oem pulley

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Little work on a customer's VT. Removal and cleaning of charge side components along with an intake manifold and throttle body coolant bypass. Bigger and better things coming. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Measured the oem intake manifold opening on customers 15 VT. Seems like a close match for the 64 mm TB I've been having made.....

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Intake manifold with coolant bypassed and barb capped off for a PCV to breather conversion. This cleans up both of those areas for less potential leak points as well.

Typical 64 mm TB spacer which is port matched to the intake manifold with the oem 57 mm TB. Took this picture to show the size difference basically of the OEM TB and the intake manifold opening.

OEM intake manifold at 64 mm inside diameter.

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Got the 15 auto Record holding VT running today! Has not ran since November! Hopefully set some more records with it Sunday at IFO Rockingham! May set some with the customer's 15 manual as well!

Took a cruise on 50/50 water/methanol mix in the injection kit. Not bad on the highway with the oem intercooler! :cool:

Pic showing what the 57 mm OEM throttle body looks like vs the 64 mm port matched throttle body spacer for the OEM intake manifold and large 64 mm TB. 7 mm is not much but in terms of flow area with the larger throttle body its 46% more!

Removed the intake manifold on customer's VT for a clean PCV to breather conversion cap off and to make for a clean intake manifold and throttle body coolant bypass.

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Check out my FB Qwik Tyme Performance or IG @qwiktymeperformance for some cool posts and videos on these cars!

Stay tuned Sunday for updates at IFO Rockingham as the 15 auto VT is going deeper into the 12's!

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Yeah I know it's not a VT but I still had to represent a fellow VT tuner and according to him gained an additional 6 hp. 😂😍😜👍
View attachment 106438

You rock @trdtoy. 👍🙏🏽✌
Yes that small decal is worth 6 hp. I have not dyno the window banners yet..... :cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,790 Posts
Got the 15 auto VT cleaned up for the 1/4 mile tomorrow!

Weather forecast at the track tomorrow. Track runs E to W so the quartering head wind and DA will both make things slow tomorrow. :-(

14841 - 14860 of 14860 Posts