Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14881 - 14900 of 14915 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
Well then. Day started out very wet then dried up for some very fast runs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 VT, Manual
83 Posts
Finally road The Tail of the Dragon on Friday. Please notice how far the Mustang GT is behind me 😁.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
76 Posts
I have actually been busy... Just dropped in Torque Solution 75a poly lower mount inserts yesterday (holy hell I'm annoyed I waited so long to do this, what an absolutely amazing difference), and have recently put in the Diamond car mats (well worth the price), the Canadian OEM hood deflector, 4-window surface-mount rainguards from Russia (because the in-channel 3-piece bothers me), did eyelids myself with CF wrap mostly because I wanted to see how the CF looked on my color before I commit to buying real ones, added a fair few graphics, tranny fluid change with CERMA, added Gibson 4" stainless dual-wall tips, Pierce rear upper chassis brace, and plenty more... and ceramic tint going on in two days!
With Eyelids.jpg Lid.jpg Diamond.jpg Clean.jpg Gibson.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,960 Posts
You have been busy.....

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
76 Posts
You have been busy.....
LOL yep, no idle hands for me... Got this car thinking "oh good I won't need to be out working on it every weekend anymore" and quickly discovered that whether I need to or not, I definitely want to be.

...and in other news, been hemming and hawing about a Bongiovi DPS for the past couple of months, finally bothered to download their demo onto my desktop and was so damn impressed that I pulled the trigger on it... should have it week after next, eager to get that bad boy in.

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
i am not at all interested in wrenching on the car......... i just want to drive it in competiton lol

Reactions: L3g10n and misnblu

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
76 Posts
i am not at all interested in wrenching on the car......... i just want to drive it in competiton lol
Haha I honestly thought I'd be the same - after 3 years of constantly working on my last vehicle, a '91 Ranger STX with 250K+ miles on it, I thought I'd be leaving well enough alone on this car... Nope, I didn't even make it a week before I was out working on stuff :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
76 Posts
Black Pearl ceramic tint went on yesterday... what an amazing difference. Took my girl to the local high-end tint shop, figured if they could handle tinting Bugattis and Maseratis, they could probably manage a Hyundai... was not wrong. Though the owner, in chatting with him, was very cool about it - "Nahhh, man, a car is a car, we take the time and do the best we can whether it's a Rolls or a Rio".
...awesome. Tint1.jpg Tint2.jpg Tint3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Is it bad that when I run a 5 second 0-60 mph on the dragy in the VT it feels slow now? :)

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
76 Posts
Someone on here asked (probably years ago by now) whether it'd be feasible to order the cheap chrome taillight bezels and just wrap them as an alternative to the CF bezels.
Well, in more of a "I wonder if I can do this" experiment than anything, I established that while it's a pretty royal PITA, it is quite possible.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
At work we use an item called the “sealitpen” on edges of vinyl to help keep them from peeling off our booths.

·
Registered
2015 VT M/T Tech
76 Posts
At work we use an item called the “sealitpen” on edges of vinyl to help keep them from peeling off our booths.
I wrapped around the lip on all sides and then brushed a very light coat of Goop onto all the edges on the backside... Pretty sure it'll hold :)

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Posted 2 videos of a bad azz VT on Qwik Tyme Performance FB and IG pages.

Best VT Dragy 0-60 mph thus far is 4.52 seconds. Added up best segments from all 0-60 pulls and they equal 4.21 seconds. So if this thing hooks, makes power, and does not cut throttle in the same pull it should be in that area. This has me wondering if I can get it into the 3's..... :)

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Dealt with two VT today that were totally different.

2014 auto with many mods that nothing other than a stock tune would work in properly that had water/meth injection kit made 0 change to IAT yet was functioning 100% far as I could tell. Seen nothing like it before. I have nicknamed this car the headache because had the same issue with tuning back in September and it was the wastegate solenoid and it took boost from like 7 psi to normal numbers now. Just now no other tune will increase power over oem levels.

2016 Rally very little mods that worked like a charm on tune #1.

Gotta love cars with all these electronics

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Figured out how to make 10+ psi to launch the car from a dig but now I just need brakes to hold it! Also sorting out functional traction control with the car based on track conditions.

Done a lot to help traction as well so fingers crossed nothing brakes on my 5/8 outing at the strip.

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
17" Kirkey racing seat is an easy 25 lb weight reduction direct swap to the OEM Veloster Turbo seat slider bracket!

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
sucks that the 13-15 seats don't hold up that well. my drivers seat isnt worn like that but there are some tears in it.

my passenger seat looks decent... but i'm usually driving alone.

14881 - 14900 of 14915 Posts