Veloster Turbo Forum banner

14921 - 14940 of 14980 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Modified a kia forte koup sx with thermostat, radiator cap, better coolant, HKS M45XL plugs, and tune. Car having boost issue which I found a defective BOV as a possible culprit.

Tuned a gen 1 manual VT to 230+ whp after replacing bov, bov solenoid, wga solenoid.

Working on two other cars tomorrow then may have time to get to my own VT's.
So you started tuning Fortes? Nice!
Curious what your thoughts are of the forte's base tune vs the veloster's.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,100 Posts
So you started tuning Fortes? Nice!
Curious what your thoughts are of the forte's base tune vs the veloster's.
The base tune looks almost the same as a VT. Waiting on parts to fix the forte before I can get a good log of the oem tune and a tune I throw in there. The cleaned up oem tune with pops n bangs worked well in it though. The cooling system mods worked well in the auto forte with coolant temperatures hanging out in the low 160's.

He is getting new bov, bov solenoid, wg solenoid, and water/meth injection kit installed next by me and a tune adding power as well. He will be 250 whp area all day! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Took a stroll to a car show today. Turned some heads with the VG on the drag radials and skinnies. Then turned some heads with the IAT I see normal driving with the oem intercooler in place.

Had some parts arrive from Korea to fix the car in the next day or two.

Also have some things in the works for anyone wanting a stuffed turbo that will put a big turbo in it's place in most scenarios.

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Need prayers for the E85 and M1 fed 15 auto VT..........

Pray that she makes it through this surgery!

Pray that she keeps breaking records when she's on the track again!

;-)

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
141 Posts
AN Fitting on the HPFP came off on my drive home from work. I attribute it to bad tolerances with the plastic fitting. Picked up a metal locking fitting after a few zip ties to get home. Had to shave it down a bit to fit but fuel line ain't going anywhere now!

Also some more questionable financial decisions by accident :).. last one... I promise!!

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Plastic piece, AN fitting, and fuel line shouldn't be in the same sentence nor paragraph. :-/

·
Registered
141 Posts
Plastic piece, AN fitting, and fuel line shouldn't be in the same sentence nor paragraph. :-/
Lol bad wording, both fittings are metal. You know how there are two efi fittings. Originally had the plastic slip on one.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Actually the guy at the store advocated for the plastic one because it creates a better seal. Apparently the metal ones are prone to leaking... But they're all drag guys who probably see alot more pressure than I ever will 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
The quick connect with plastic insert were the first type used that had many failures and fires. Screw together type is the best route that most went to after that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The quick connect with plastic insert were the first type used that had many failures and fires. Screw together type is the best route that most went to after that.
I see why 😅

·
Premium Member
14’ VT MT
51 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
3 Posts
Did some more LED swapping. License plates were the latest. All interior and those are done now.

20% ceramic on Tuesday done as well.

Bought a spectre filter that will fit in the stock airbox, but did not take the angle of the outlet from the box to the hot side into account. So I’ll see if I can get an adapter to see if it’s even going to work and even see if it’s worth it.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
586 Posts
Did some more LED swapping. License plates were the latest. All interior and those are done now.

20% ceramic on Tuesday done as well.

Bought a spectre filter that will fit in the stock airbox, but did not take the angle of the outlet from the box to the hot side into account. So I’ll see if I can get an adapter to see if it’s even going to work and even see if it’s worth it.
Pictures or it didn't happen. 😂🤷🏼‍♂️😎
Nice work. 👍

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Can I tune a VT remotely? Yes!

Can I tune a VT for E85? Yes!

Here is a VT customer in California I'm currently remote tuning on E85. Had them get datalog on the oem tune with 91 octane, oem tune with fueling adjustment only for E85, then a first E85 tune revision for power.

Notice the difference in the data between tunes and fuel types. Also notice how E85 could care less about boost or IAT in the initial power tune giving up only 1° ignition timing with a 6-8 psi boost increase across the curve and a 22°F + IAT increase as well!

Pic 1 and 2 oem tune on 91
Pic 3 and 4 oem tune with E85 fueling
Pic 5 and 6 First E85 power tune
Pic 7 oem tune boost curve
Pic 8 E85 power tune boost curve

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Teased about a HUGE oem location intercooler kit for the Gen 1 Veloster Turbo before and finally getting the design nailed down closer. Few more changes still to make.

The core will be made by Bell Intercooler which is one of the best available. Bell rates the core flow at 550 whp @ 28 psi @ 8k rpm on the 1.6L G4FJ engine!

This thing should out flow and make more power any intercooler on the market for the car without breaking a sweat! Oh, and much lighter as well with less boost lag from any given turbo setup due shorter piping, lower internal volume, and better flow!

This will be a full kit consisting of 2.5" hot pipe, intercooler, 2.5" cold pipe with the flange of choice for a BOV, and everything ready to bolt on. It will work with any crash bar but will require a CAI or SRI to be on the car to fit.

Not 100% on cost yet but shooting to be under $1k shipped in the USA. If you're interested in being put on a pre-order list let me know by posting here or send a message. It may save you some $ doing such. :)

Also tuned a FBO 16 manual VT today with water/meth and 93E10. Already had another vendor tune in it that made 235/259 which felt lethargic compared to what I put in it!

Check my FB and IG page for pics and videos!

Qwik Tyme Performance
@qwiktymeperformance

·
Super Moderator
5,100 Posts
Chalkboard VT with vendor tune vs my tune.....

Wonder which will make more power? :)

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
586 Posts
Teased about a HUGE oem location intercooler kit for the Gen 1 Veloster Turbo before and finally getting the design nailed down closer. Few more changes still to make.

The core will be made by Bell Intercooler which is one of the best available. Bell rates the core flow at 550 whp @ 28 psi @ 8k rpm on the 1.6L G4FJ engine!

This thing should out flow and make more power any intercooler on the market for the car without breaking a sweat! Oh, and much lighter as well with less boost lag from any given turbo setup due shorter piping, lower internal volume, and better flow!

This will be a full kit consisting of 2.5" hot pipe, intercooler, 2.5" cold pipe with the flange of choice for a BOV, and everything ready to bolt on. It will work with any crash bar but will require a CAI or SRI to be on the car to fit.

Not 100% on cost yet but shooting to be under $1k shipped in the USA. If you're interested in being put on a pre-order list let me know by posting here or send a message. It may save you some $ doing such. :)

Also tuned a FBO 16 manual VT today with water/meth and 93E10. Already had another vendor tune in it that made 235/259 which felt lethargic compared to what I put in it!

Check my FB and IG page for pics and videos!

Qwik Tyme Performance
@qwiktymeperformance
You know I'm in for this. Youve said all the right things that pulled my wallet out. 😂👍
Let me know when the pre-order begins. 🤙

·
Registered
263 Posts

This just made me think, with the success you have had with wmi, what would IAT's be at with wmi and completely removing the intercooler. Yeah I know that is a weird thought but if you can drop IAT's well below ambient consistently then why even have the intercooler there obstructing flow?

14921 - 14940 of 14980 Posts